Station Library School

Found this photo of my granny at school. If I remember she said the school was where the Station Library is now. She was born 1900 and saw two World Wars out. Can anyone enlighten me on the school. (PS, Keith, are you on this one?)

post-2953-0-58635700-1369564683_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

Yup, that's me third row on the far left. Pity you didn't come up with this for the Station First schools centenary last year. Mrs Mulholland may still be interested if you were to show it to her. I do know that the original school , now the library, was a one room school and teachers house, it was added too as the amount of pupils attending grew. If you look at the building you can see where parts of it were added to .Separate head teachers accommodation was built to give more room to the school till eventually they had to build another, the current station first school. If you remember, it was still referred to as the "Council School" when we were kids.

Do not know if they would give up info but The Journal was contacted by some Bedlington pensioners, that may have some info. There was an article in The Journal in January about the campaign to save the library so it's also possible that's all they know about, the library:-

Pensioners rally to save Bedlington Station library

Posted by The Journal on Jan 6, 10 11:20 AM in News

We'd like to hear from you.

Send your stories, pics and videos to northumberland@ncjmedia.co.uk

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now