The Big Event 2

wonky

just wondering how the day went for yous all..and what was the story with the big bedlington song..gagging to hear it..if anyone can provide a link i would be most delighted...cheers

just wondering how the day went for yous all..and what was the story with the big bedlington song..gagging to hear it..if anyone can provide a link i would be most delighted...cheers

Great weather, Great Atmosphere, Great Turnout, Great Success. A credit to the organizers and especially Leading Link.

And here's someone paying his turn!!

post-2205-0-51139000-1369551512_thumb.jp

post-2205-0-85622900-1369551821_thumb.jp

Edited by foxy
  • Like 1

Thank you Foxy and if anyone doesn't get the cheque thing, the Development Trust put up a prize for the winner of the Enterprise Fair. This was made up of teams of students who were given a small sum of money and told to turn it into a product which they could sell on the day. Fantastic efforts by all and they are all winners because they now have that experience which can only stand them in good stead in their futures. The Judges ultimately had to pick one winner and it was Northumbrian Rock by Sugarrushed!

I will leave it for others to give their opinions of how the day went but I will say we did exactly what we set out to do, show there can be public events on this scale organised and run in Bedlington, for Bedlington and making use of some of the assets we already have in Bedlington.

As for the song Wonky, again I will have to let others opine but there will be a video of the day produced in due course.

(Paying my turn, I have a face like a turkey cock because of sun burn and we never stopped cooking on those barbecues from lightening them up until the field emptied! Seriously though thanks for helping out M8!)

thanks lads, its great to see the field and bandstand being used for what it was intended for..brings back so many memories of the picnic days..looking forward to hearing that song though..i would have enjoyed the mingling and bbq, sunshine ect..oh well..work on monday..cheers

Great weather, Great Atmosphere, Great Turnout, Great Success. A credit to the organizers and especially Leading Link.

And here's someone paying his turn!!

..lol..i had to look twice there..i thought it was mike harding,(the rotchdale cowboy). handing a cheque over.. :thumbsup:

All in all I would say that the 'Big Event 2' was a massive success. There were crowds of people with their deck chairs all sitting around with the kids enjoying the rides and the bandstand.

The stalls were all excellent and everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves.

There must have been a lot of effort by everyone involved and it showed by the numbers of people that were there. The weather definitely helped and there are lots of red faces wandering around the streets of Bedlington.

Same again next year and going off the success of this years event there should be more stalls and more local businesses involved in the day.

Most of all I think the day showed that if enough people work together to achieve one goal instead of all fighting against each other, something extraordinary can be done.

Well done all.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now