Old Council Depot

When I was an apprentice painter at Bedlington Urban District Council, which was changing to Wansbeck Council, the depot was behind the shops on Front Street West. But there was a factory at the bottom of the depot. Can anyone remember it and recall what it was?

Edited by keith lockey

No he was never a Policeman . he originates from Cowpen but now Lives in the chesters

When I used to drink in the Northumberland Arms there was a guy who used to get in and I could swear his name was Bob Bulmer. He used to sup with a mate of his called Billy Spirit!! He knew the manager and manageress then - Syd and June Johnson. I might have the name wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Would Bob Hutton,[now 70 yrs old,if he is still with us...]be any relation?..he was in my class at West Ridge school in 1956-on.

Mind, a kinda think he was a Netherton colliery village lad.

We knocked aroond tigitha afta schyuul hoors,he was really gud company,a proppa joker.!

• 4 weeks later...

I worked at the factory when I first left school in 1963. It was owned by family called Aykroyd. They also owned factories in North Wales and Manchester. They made shirts and pyjamas, mainly for Great Universal Stores and Littlewoods.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now