Volunteering In Bedlington/northumberland?

AnnaF

Due to the recent benefit cuts etc, I know there will be a lot more poverty locally. I know in Newcastle Churches and the like are setting up food banks etc, but I was wondering if anything like that was happening in the Bedlington area? I have time, but no money, to give and want to help!

Due to the recent benefit cuts etc, I know there will be a lot more poverty locally. I know in Newcastle Churches and the like are setting up food banks etc, but I was wondering if anything like that was happening in the Bedlington area? I have time, but no money, to give and want to help!

If I remember correctly the Coffin Chapel was doing a food bank and the BBC reported from there, don't know if they are still doing it or if i am wrong. Can someone confirm if i am right or wrong?

EBPC bailed out the school breakfast clubs with a donation of £500 each. The Mathew project is still going strong ( ashamed to say ) They are distributing parcels worth £25 to needy families that are referred to them by social workers etc. We awarded them a grant of £4,500 from the Bernicia community grants fund the other week. Adam, if you want some bumf on them, I think I still have some from their application pitch.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now