Ashington Farm

Hi

I'm sorry that this is a little bit off topic, but hopefully it's not too far away.

Does anyone know what the coat of arms above the door of Ashington Farm relates to? I am preparing a local history iphone app. for Ashington which the farm features in but I have been unable to discover anything about the coat of arms.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards

Richard Pyle

Ashington farm is where I started my apprenticeship. Its down green lane above Sheepwash dene. The farm was owned by the Douglas family, Bob lived in the farmhouse, there were two sons Bruce, who lived in the bungalow on the bend near Blackdene and Malcolm who lived in the house next to North Seaton xings (ochterlony I think it was called). Bob has been dead many years now and Bruce is also dead I believe. Malcolm , as far as I know, is still alive and living on their farm at Cornhill which is now run by his son Robert. The Douglas's also owned Grange Farm down Humford lane for a while.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of the oldest ruins in the area are situated around there.

What fascinating history that is connected to them too and connected to Bedlingtonshire.

The Ashington area has some fantastic history, does it have a Forum ?

My knowledge is not just Bedlingtonshire, as most users know, but there is fantastic history around our area and a fair bit is tied-in, or should i say connected to Bedlingtonshire.

...does it have a Forum ?

It could easily be organised if you want to run it! :) PM me if you are interested.

It could easily be organised if you want to run it! :) PM me if you are interested.

I can't, but thanks, i will ask the members if its ok and see if one or two will, it will be interested, or maybe we can still talk about it if there were a Ashington slot on here too ?

What does Malcolm think ?

Wouldn't seem appropriate for here. I was thinking about organising a www.ashington. domain + hosting + software for you. We could affiliate it and cross-link though.

It's open to democratic forces on an Ashington forum here, but you could hardly expect Ashington folk to come flocking to the opposition! :D

I can't, but thanks, i will ask the members if its ok and see if one or two will, it will be interested, or maybe we can still talk about it if there were a Ashington slot on here too ?

What does Malcolm think ?

John,

I think it would be best to run it as a separate site, like GGG says we are here because we buy into a Bedlington site, Ashington would have its own distinctive readership/membership.

Once its set up, and it looks like GGG is offering, you only need a handful of mods to keep it running and promoting it.

John,

I think it would be best to run it as a separate site, like GGG says we are here because we buy into a Bedlington site, Ashington would have its own distinctive readership/membership.

Once its set up, and it looks like GGG is offering, you only need a handful of mods to keep it running and promoting it.

going to ask one of the lads or two :icecream: i can't as i havent got my health.

i enjoy visiting here as it helps me as does my history with the group.

i recon Derick could well be up to it as one tho. he loves anything like that and he keeps our site going too.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now