The Great British Class Thing

Precariat - come from a working class background, tend to mix socially with people like themselves, rent their homes.

I was just waiting for it to re - classify me as scum

I re - entered the details but changed from renting my home to owning my home and I was promoted to traditional working class ----- how wonderful

Edited by keith

Result: the class group you most closely match is:

Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group.

Now that's a load of rubbish, because the profile it is showing for me doesn't look remotely like their sample illustration. Their algorithm is clearly struggling here!

I re - entered the details but changed from renting my home to owning my home and I was promoted to traditional working class ----- how wonderful

Actually it is wonderful, because it illustrates that TWC aren't prepared to take on a shed-load of debt commitments, and in these economically strained funny-money times, that is most certainly something which should be looked UP to! And, whether they choose to acknowledge it or not, Maggie T had a big hand in changing attitudes here!

Thatcher, or as I like to call her - that evil monster Thatch - did con TWC into loading themselves with debt and stiffing local communities of affordable housing stock. Yep, I refer to that scam where many of TWC were encouraged to take-out morgages to buy Council owned houses; obviously, with these monthly outgoings TWC couldn't risk going on strike for better conditions as "their home would be at risk if they didn't keep-up the payments". You've got to had it to the evil witch ... gelding many in TWC at a stroke ... brilliant! However, what are we left with ... little affordable housing stock for youngsters. Yes, she did change attitudes ... she created me, mine, sod the rest and her heirs are still at it. However, there nothing worse than TWC thinking the sun shines out of her ar*e ... class traitors the lot.

Precariat - come from a working class background, tend to mix socially with people like themselves, rent their homes.

I was just waiting for it to re - classify me as scum

I came out of it a bit better Keith.

Having entered my details (including ticking rent) I was declared "Emerging Service Worker class"

Looks like I now have to aspire to be Working Class!

Seems I`ve gone backwards in life!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now