Hartford Hall Memories

dissapointed no one knows anyone.

Who was there and remembers the dreaded Joyce or Joan. Cant remember her first name but her daughter one time was engaged to John Nettles of Bergerac FAME.

Here she is on thje left of pic.

1982 i believe this was taken.

who knows any of the guys in the pic ?

it would be nice to put a name to them

post-1337-0-38972100-1365204673_thumb.jp

lets look back at Hartford Hall as a rehabilitation centre .

It wern't just for miners. I been there myself in 1981 after an accident.

Lets see if we can put a name to faces beginning with 1982.

I'm not 100% sure but the one in the top middle looks like Alec Turner The lodge chairman of Bates Colliery in 1985.

• 4 years later...
On 02/04/2013 at 20:02, johndawsonjune1955 said:

lets look back at Hartford Hall as a rehabilitation centre .

It wern't just for miners. I been there myself in 1981 after an accident.

Lets see if we can put a name to faces beginning with 1982.

post-1337-0-40783700-1364929328_thumb.jp

That looks like Bill Greaves, from Church Avenue. Second one in the back row, with glasses on. Was the lady physio called Joyce? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marie Sillars said:

That looks like Bill Greaves, from Church Avenue. Second one in the back row, with glasses on. Was the lady physio called Joyce? 

@Marie Sillars - can't tell you who they are Marie. If you select the johndawsonjune1955 tag, next to his posting/comment, you will see his profile and see it was April 2015when John last logged into the site. John runs a Facebook site - the sixtownships history group as well as a sister group, Coal Mining Memories UK where I think he will also have posted this photo. I will see if I can find it on the sixtownships site and see if anyone in the photo has been named.

Posted the photo on the Bedlington remembered Facebook site Marie and Dough reckons No 20 is Heather, but can't remember her surname. He also says that there was a physio call Joyce Miller that was known as the 'Daffodil Lady' - if a patient could grip a daff, between their butt cheeks, after back and leg physio, they were on the mend.'

Hartford Hall rehab 1982 names.jpg

15 hours ago, Eggy1948 said:

Posted the photo on the Bedlington remembered Facebook site Marie and Dough reckons No 20 is Heather, but can't remember her surname. He also says that there was a physio call Joyce Miller that was known as the 'Daffodil Lady' - if a patient could grip a daff, between their butt cheeks, after back and leg physio, they were on the mend.'

Ha ha, yes. Joyce was there when I went in 1994.

• 2 months later...
On 30/06/2017 at 21:26, Eggy1948 said:

Number 7 is my dad Gordon Crawford (physio). We used to live in a house in the grounds of the hall

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now