Do you think we could recreate Bedlington Front Street from years ago by using old pics ?

I think it would be worth doing.

Malcolm , i reckon it would be good for your project. What do you think.

an example

here's two pics , we could add on to these and re-create the street if we could get enough pics from that time

post-1337-0-06463300-1364422185_thumb.jp

post-1337-0-97799000-1364422299_thumb.jp

Great idea John but we need to get the perspectives right then redo the whole setting.

Beyond me and the software I have......

I've been thinking about this for sometime, and as more previously unseen material crops up the prospect comes ever closer. Simply stitching together a series of photos is no good, essentially the model needs to incorporate time as one of the axes. Putting an approximate date on each of the images then becomes crucial, though once enough data has been garnered the software would have a role in best sliding the image into the space-time frame.

It's really just an extension of the modelling software that's used for the 3D recreations we currently see on history programmes these days, but with the added plus of actual surface rendering data, and being able to move through time too! There'd be an underlying wire-frame creation, and obviously fuzzy bits in the presentation where essential data was still missing - but that's all part of the fun of re-creation.

It's way beyond my current knowledge of state of the art. Though one of our current neighbours - who we bump in to from time to time - is a worshipped expert in CGI, works a lot for "The Mouse", and would be the best person to ask. It's fascinating to talk to him about the latest CGI stuff coming up, and you could probably dine out in Geekland on the experience! Don't hold your breath on this as sometimes I don't see him from one year to the next as he's a real live jet-setter, but I will, at some point, report back on what he says on the matter. :)

Need them to write a 4D add-in! ;) It needs elements of that, elements of image digitisation, and elements of photo stitching software.

I've been thinking about this for sometime, and as more previously unseen material crops up the prospect comes ever closer. Simply stitching together a series of photos is no good, essentially the model needs to incorporate time as one of the axes. Putting an approximate date on each of the images then becomes crucial, though once enough data has been garnered the software would have a role in best sliding the image into the space-time frame.

It's really just an extension of the modelling software that's used for the 3D recreations we currently see on history programmes these days, but with the added plus of actual surface rendering data, and being able to move through time too! There'd be an underlying wire-frame creation, and obviously fuzzy bits in the presentation where essential data was still missing - but that's all part of the fun of re-creation.

It's way beyond my current knowledge of state of the art. Though one of our current neighbours - who we bump in to from time to time - is a worshipped expert in CGI, works a lot for "The Mouse", and would be the best person to ask. It's fascinating to talk to him about the latest CGI stuff coming up, and you could probably dine out in Geekland on the experience! Don't hold your breath on this as sometimes I don't see him from one year to the next as he's a real live jet-setter, but I will, at some point, report back on what he says on the matter. :)

that sounds better altogether. i leave it in your capable hands to see what can be done and i will supply more rare pics for it.

• 8 years later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now