Ghostly Voices

Just when I decided to opt out, some ghostly voice from the past calls me back.

Inherited genes, supernatural, who knows.

The day started with negativity, then a post that woke up my memory of the past, then finally Clannad and Brian Kennedy.

My mother died shortly after seeing Clannad in 1996, and Brian Kennedy has always it seems been a favourite in the family.

Tomorrow at the Sage beg borrow or steal to get a ticket!

Only joking, worth going out of your way to see, live music beats u tube anyway for me!

post-2999-0-62170000-1363131871_thumb.jp

Was it my post, Maggie? Because I posted Atlantic Realm by Clannad on the HEADPHONES site. I think they are one of the best bands to come out of the Emerald Isle - and of course Enya - got three of her CDs.

Edited by keith lockey

Clannad are very good.

My favourite is 'We all think well of a bridge'. They did not do it last night.

Brian Kennedy is worth a listen 'The Great War of Words' was out in the early nineties.

The Ghostly Voice was my Gran's sister.

Everyone on the site is drawn back to Bedlington and the North East.

We all have our reasons the place is second to none.

On Katherine Tickell's Northumbrian Voices her mother describes her early life and landscape by saying she feels ' This is my land'

I know how she feels.

Was it my post, Maggie? Because I posted Atlantic Realm by Clannad on the HEADPHONES site. I think they are one of the best bands to come out of the Emerald Isle - and of course Enya - got three of her CDs.

sadly i`d have to disagree..although clannad and enya are fair decent there so much more from irland that gets over looked. my old time fav is the great joseph locke and there are the furys who are still packing out halls around the world..i think daniel o donnell has had his day and is just getting silly now and married or not he is a deffo candadate for questionable sexuality.probably the best band of all to ever come from ireland is U2...but i personally think they are crap and not for me...when i listen to celtic music i prefer scottish. Bongshang...

• 2 months later...

Craster today and chatting to a couple from Germany. Amazingly he was from Choppington, family worked at the A Pit.

In 1916 his ancestors were at Netherton, proof that those ghostly voices from the past do exist.

Well at least not many degrees of separation, between us all. Regardless of where we end up in the World!

Hothouse Flowers

Nick Kelly and The Fat Lady Sings.

Or how about Kieran Halpen

All Irish Ghostly Voices.

Family connections seem to suggest some of my lot were Orangemen and ended up in Tynemouth.

1864 The Wreck of the Stanley and the setting up of the Watch House.

Maybe love of music has its place in the past.

• 2 months later...

We whent to see Runrig some years ago at the Sands Centre in Carlisle. The support band was Cappercallie (spelling?) they were brilliant. Couldn't understand a word they were bloody singing like, but thoroughly enjoyed them.

Big fan of Runrig, just superb band. Got many albums. Who was the member who left and went into politics ? I just can't remember off-hand

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now