Another of Hirst Heads Farm., Who is he.

See if anyone can give names as there are none on the pics saying who anyone is.

Get some more up for weekend.

This might be Wades farm with the tracks behind, we used to potatoe pick this field and when Wade took a load back to the barn we would drag sacks o tetties to the engineer on the train and sell them, made more than Wades wages

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/03/2013 at 00:42, johndawsonjune1955 said:

Hirst Head Farm, Bedlington

There was a murder here when i believe a Miss Swann had her throat cut about 1911 i think.

Will get the story put together for you all.

post-1337-0-81066800-1363048901_thumb.jp

Miss Swann is in my family tree. My grandfather, John Carr-Swann, ran Hirst Head Farm in the 1930s. Any information would be gratefully read. Years ago, I visited when a lovely family with three boys had converted the farmhouse beautifully, I meant to stay in touch & wonder if they are still there. I have just joined this site so any contacts/info would be great.

On 12/03/2013 at 09:43, Keith Scantlebury said:
On 12/03/2013 at 00:44, johndawsonjune1955 said:

See if anyone can give names as there are none on the pics saying who anyone is.

Was the Hirst Head Farm Wade's ? If it was the ploughman in the picture could be a Wade , or one someone who worked for them

On 12/03/2013 at 09:43, Keith Scantlebury said:
On 12/03/2013 at 00:44, johndawsonjune1955 said:

Was the Hirst Head Farm Wade's ? If it was the ploughman in the picture could be a Wade , or one someone who worked for them

My grandfather, John Carr-Swann, had Hirst Head Farm, before that it was Mr Swann who farmed it. Mr Swann had married John’s mother.

9 hours ago, Jackie Beves said:

Miss Swann is in my family tree. My grandfather, John Carr-Swann, ran Hirst Head Farm in the 1930s. Any information would be gratefully read. Years ago, I visited when a lovely family with three boys had converted the farmhouse beautifully, I meant to stay in touch & wonder if they are still there. I have just joined this site so any contacts/info would be great.

@johndawsonjune1955 - have you anymore info John?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now