What A Filthy Hole

tomtom

Had the misfortune to walk up to the Market Place from the car park through the cut behind the Market Tavern and what a damned disgrace - litter,litter litter everywhere including an uncollected skip full of whatever. It really makes my blood boil to see such filth - does no one care anymore or have people just given up. Bedlington will never improve if we continue to be confronted with images such as these. Who said Blyth was a dump? - he should come and look at what we've got.

You want to have a look at the old tennis courts at the bottom of the High School at Queens and Kings Road - overlooking the motorway. I remember playing tennis there once!!!

Then take a look at the side of the Station Library.

But these things are nothing compared to the wasted shop space in our town. There can be no worse condemnation than a town with shops going spare and local people who have to go out of the community to buy a decent selection of shoes and clothes. I was at Blyth and Ashington last week and they are veritable boom towns compared to ours, so I agree whole-heartedly with you, TomTom.

Edited by keith lockey

That photo of the rubbish in the street in The Mail was a flipped (reversed) stock photo from Getty Images; its tag shows it was taken in the US in 2006. Newspapers, magazines and other media use Stock Photo agencies all the time to obtain pics to illustrate stories.

You want to have a look at the old tennis courts at the bottom of the High School at Queens and Kings Road - overlooking the motorway. I remember playing tennis there once!!!

Hurry up all that's going to be sold off for housing soon so the new school can have some refurbished sports facilities. Plus the idea is to call it the Bedlington Leisure Centre!

It is a tip round the back of there anyway and the skip is for the work that is currently going on in johnsons' show shop.

They are converting it to an upstairs and downstairs flat, no tenant for the shop yet however.

Surely there are litter pickers going up and down but is it a case of out of sight out of mind?

Hurry up all that's going to be sold off for housing soon so the new school can have some refurbished sports facilities. Plus the idea is to call it the Bedlington Leisure Centre!

Housing!!! Didn't they learn anything from the luxury apartments they put up at the top of the street? I counted one car in the car park the other week.

That point has been made Keef2. Also the geological fault line running across the site. Plus of course the wonderful access down there.

Heed-the-balls!

We can't further an effort to get a proper sports centre here because this pipe dream is on the cards.

If it doesn't come off, and I doubt very much it will resolve any issues we have with not having proper facilities anyway, BVAL or Active Leisure or whatever its called by then will come in for some pretty damming criticism. I have said exactly that to their CEO!

It has already potentially cost us a sizeable investment into Gallagher Park, which would have seen buildings erected there.

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now