Sun Inn Murders 100 Years "the Whole Story"

On 07/09/2018 at 18:09, Symptoms said:

Done some checking and it was a Winchester Model 1897 pump-action shotgun - it's now held at the Royal Armoury having been transferred by the Northumbria Peelers back in 1971.

For all the facts go to: https://collections.royalarmouries.org/object/rac-object-34963.html

Did you notice the 

Bibliographic References

Dawson, J. & Allison, D. 2001. 'The Sun Inn Murders', Six Townships Community History Group. (See also May 2003 edition of 'Bedlingtonshire Revisited'). 

That would be the @johndawsonjune1955 of this group that started this topic.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

@joe Callahan -normally the best way to alert a member that you are after a re sponse from a comment you have made is to add the members name, preceded by an '@' like I have done with this one. It does depend on the setting the member has , either to recieve notifications or not, but doesn't do any harm to use that method.

When you start typing the name eg @johndawsonjune1955 that members name tag will pop up and you select that.

John Dawson is not a frequent visitor to this site. When you hover over the members name tag the system gives you some info on that person. I did that for John and it shows the last time he logged into this site was 5 months ago :-

John Dawson.png

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Lorna said:

@joe Callahan @johndawsonjune1955John Vickers Amos was my great great uncle...be great to hear from family members as I’m trying to piece together my family tree and my grandad was brought up by his family, so it’s of great interest to my mum and my myself.

On 02/07/2019 at 18:26, joe Callahan said:

John Dawson  Jockers was my great grandfather. Please email me with any info you have and I will return same. I live in NY USA

joe@cyncalsteelfab.com

@Lorna - Joe hasn't visited this since he posted the above comment.😟

If you don't hear from anyone then I still have the email, containing all the info + photos embedded into a Microsoft Word document, that John Dawson posted on this site, that I sent to Joe and I could forward that email on to you. If you want me to do that then it's better if you send me a personal message, with your email address in it, rather than add your email address into one of these comments that the 'whole world' can see. If you select the white envelope, top right of screen, you will be invited to 'Compose New' message. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now