Guess Where

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy Cuts - awld Co-op.

Hold on, Foxy, it could be the other way, the old Post Office.

What's the prize for getting this? A night out with Kylie, Danni, Keira Knightley, Hilda Ogden!!!! I'll even settle for Nora Batty if she keeps her stockings on.

Edited by keith lockey

Aye you got it Keith,

looks like I need to give in with these cos the last two have been cracked on day one.The prize was'nt that good anyway, its a night out with Dame Edna Everage. You may as well come to the Toon with me tonight!

I'll dig out my kipper tie and iron my flares. A ten bob note should cover the drinks, shouldn't it. (That was the last time I had a night out in the toon. The Bacchus was the pub.)

I'll dig out my kipper tie and iron my flares. A ten bob note should cover the drinks, shouldn't it. (That was the last time I had a night out in the toon. The Bacchus was the pub.)

I'll be in the Bacchus tonight Keith,

your ten bob won't go far though, the round is four pints of Lager and it comes to just under fourteen quid. Mind you the scenery's quite tasty :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

I'll be in the Bacchus tonight Keith,

your ten bob won't go far though, the round is four pints of Lager and it comes to just under fourteen quid. Mind you the scenery's quite tasty :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Me and Maria fancy a goosey goosey in there, Foxy. What's the meals like, do you know?

Me and Maria fancy a goosey goosey in there, Foxy. What's the meals like, do you know?

The only time I'm in there Keith is a Friday night and I can't say I've ever seen anyone eating. Its always so busy no one would be able to enjoy a meal anyway. Im not sure if they do food when its quieter.

I went online to have a look at it. (See link) and it looks kinda posh. They say they do meals during the day. But what's the clientele like? Is it Red Lion or Clayton Arms? (Can't imagine the latter.) I mean I don't want to take her to a hub of white slavers...then again!

Edited by keith lockey

I went online to have a look at it. (See link) and it looks kinda posh. They say they do meals during the day. But what's the clientele like? Is it Red Lion or Clayton Arms? (Can't imagine the latter.) I mean I don't want to take her to a hub of white slavers...then again!

Keith,

when I said the scenery was quite tasty I wasn't talking about the decor,It was that other thing that attracts Fella's into the place (no not the beer either) :Mind you,I can only look :o

Edited by foxy

KeithL wrote: "I'll dig out my kipper tie and iron my flares."

I still have my denim 'originals' from 1970. Levi jeans covered in leather patches and a denin overcoat complete with sheepskin collar ... obviously, they no longer fit me due to the late development of muscular waist. I'll get them down from the attic and photograph them for you all to admire. Also up there is my old leather overcoat (bought in Marcus Price in the Toon in 71ish). I used to wear knee-high brown leather boots* (bought in Ravel Oxford St in London) outside my jeans at the time. When I used to travel up to the Toon on the train to see my folks during student vacs I used to get some strange looks when walking from the Central Station up to the Haymarket to catch the bus home.

*unfortunately, my beloved boots were eaten by mice years ago - little bastards!

• 5 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now