Looking For A Film

keith lockey

I'm trying to find a film - 1950s-1960s - and all I can remember is this one scene. Can someone help?

THE SCENE;

An 'investigator' hands a newspaper editor a package or key.

He tells the editor it is important and that he will return for it later.

The editor works and lives on the premesis - the newspaper is his life and blood.

He puts the package/key in his office safe and continues working through the night.

He has a habit of ordering coffee and sandwiches at a local deli and does so this night.

A new deliveryman turns up and turns out to be an assassin who steals the package/key.

I believe the film was in colour - I may be wrong.

I also thought it was Kiss Me Deadly - the Mike Hammer film starring Ralph Meeker.

Can anyone remember the scene and film.

Cheers.

Edited by keith lockey

Too much time at Table 25 Keith, your starting to forget things because of the drink.

Believe it or not, Adam, I've only ever been in the Red Lion once since it was taken over, and then I was drinking coke. But I've got this scene from a film and I can't remember which movie. AAARRRGGGHHH!

I'm trying to find a film - 1950s-1960s - and all I can remember is this one scene. Can someone help?

I believe the film was in colour - I may be wrong.

I also thought it was Kiss Me Deadly - the Mike Hammer film starring Ralph Meeker.

From the plot of Kiss Me Deadly I think you probably are wrong.

Chances are it's in this list: http://uk.imdb.com/k...wspaper-editor/ ...or try refining the search by changing the words at the end of the URL (separated by hyphens).

Do let us know the gripping ending! :)

Sorry, Malcolm, if I had actors names it would be easier for me, it's driving me nuts.

You're right, Threegee, it isn't KISS ME DEADLY, I watched that on Youtube last night. (Still has one of the scariest endings!)

I am sure the film was set in the Mike Hammer genre. It wasn't a western because the editor phones in his usual order of coffee and 'doughnuts' (not sandwiches). When they arrive it is a 'new bloke who has poisoned the coffee/doughnuts. (Something like that.)

By the way, this isn't a crafty quiz, I honestly am on a mission to find this film. And I'm sure it was top-notch actors of the day.

Keep trying.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now