Terriers To Vanish?

Neil

Name & Registered Office:

BEDLINGTON TERRIERS FOOTBALL CLUB C.I.C.

17 FRANCES VILLE

SCOTLAND GATE

CHOPPINGTON

NORTHUMBERLAND

NE62 5ST

Company No. 08390003

Date of Incorporation: 05/02/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom Company Type: Community Interest Company

Nature of Business (SIC):

None Supplied Accounting Reference Date: 28/02

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 05/11/2014

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 05/03/2014

Bet no one tells his honour about this a week on Friday! ;)

cf.:

ASHMOOR CONSTRUCTION LIMITED (In Liquidation)

RWB CONSTRUCTION LTD (Dissolved)

Are there really two Mr Ritchie Wharton's born three years apart? If not someone really should tell Companies House!

I like this song:

Forgive me for being pedantic, but that 'chairmans announcement' is an utter abomination. Grammatically and in context it reads as though it has been written by a primary school kid; one should never include an exclamation mark in an official, professional announcement such as this - it smacks of ridicule and sensationalism - and, to point out one immediate error, anyone with any knowledge of grammar should be aware the number three should always be written as a word. I could go on, but if the gentleman in question wishes to present a professional image, perhaps he should ask someone to proof his work?

• Like 1

Forgive me for being pedantic, but that 'chairmans announcement' is an utter abomination. Grammatically and in context it reads as though it has been written by a primary school kid; one should never include an exclamation mark in an official, professional announcement such as this - it smacks of ridicule and sensationalism - and, to point out one immediate error, anyone with any knowledge of grammar should be aware the number three should always be written as a word. I could go on, but if the gentleman in question wishes to present a professional image, perhaps he should ask someone to proof his work?

Could I interest you in this thread Merc?

...if the gentleman in question wishes to present a professional image, perhaps he should ask someone to proof his work?

It's worse than that merc! He states he was told three times there was no debt. A senior official of a company is required to find these things out for themselves and not to take what others say at face value. If he can't read his own company's accounts, or find someone who can, then he shouldn't have taken the job in the first place!

He should be presenting the full facts to the club, and not coming up with excuses that read like a kiddie's sickie! A competent company chairman would call a meeting of members at the first opportunity. In such a serious matter it should probably be a meeting of all club members and not just significant stakeholders. Bedlington deserves better than this!

• Like 1

...though both cowboys and rustling may well be involved somewhere!

All this should have come out in "due diligence". If it was hidden then there is a legal claim. If the incoming administration didn't do due diligence then 'caveat emptor.'

Even if there was no emptoring - and the board were appointees - then they should have/be doing a substantial amount of caveating! :) The chairman and his board need to do some quick revision on their legal responsibilities. Here is a good starting place for their revision. Paragraph 11 would be particularly relevant, and doesn't provide for I-didn't-knows/nobody-told-mes. Paragraphs 16 to 20 might focus minds.

For the £15 grand being talked about I would have thought there is much more to this than the sum involved?

My original post seems to indicate so. I never watched Blackadder, but didn't it popularise a phrase about planning?

• Like 1

I intended to post on here with regards to the "Chairmans" statement a few days ago but thought best not to, but I have to say one thing, I,m at a loss as to someone taking on the responsibilities of the position and NOT being fully converse with the finances of ANY business let alone a football club with let us say a "history" as The Terriers have had in recent years.

Just an opinion of course.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now