Food Parcels For The Poor

tomtom

I have noticed on my travels that some supermarkets have collection areas for customers to leave items of food for eventual distribution among the less fortunate members of society. This surely cannot be right in the 21st century in our country when at the same time our much loved government ? are giving billions of pounds of our money in overseas aid. For how much longer is this nonsense going to continue - charity in my mind begins at home - and not before time we should start to look after our own needy people.

i know..desperate isnt it..some times there is the odd bloke or woman standing by the pile or half empty trolly looking at you dead in the eyes and you just know they are saying to themselves as you walk up.." i bet he dont put nowt in "..

looking down their noses at you..you know what else gets my goat....organisations and schools wanting to help you pack your shopping bags..they are usless at packing usually and you end up having to buy another bag.

you know what else gets my goat....organisations and schools wanting to help you pack your shopping bags..they are usless at packing usually and you end up having to buy another bag.

I used to say "here's a donation, but I'd rather pack my own bags thank you". They get their donation and I get my bags packed the way I like them.

jesus..take a joke lads..i always throw somting in for the st vincent de paul..it was them that kept us alive when we landed in ireland and dropped us coal,vouchers for the panto and zoo ect..my earlier post was just me being satirical..truth is though it is how many people think. i once met a scaffolder friend of mine in a shopping centre..he was earning around a grand a week and told me he had spent an hour trying to get out because the ashma society or ireland had all the exits covered..he was laughing..i was laughing at him and it was funny.

ex bed.."you said you used to"..whats the story there ?..you dont any more ? ..and hey up foxy..aye ...it usually is for a good cause.. i think what tom tom was getting at is the fact that there just simply isnt enough to go around these days and hes had enough..i sympathise with him for his comments though in what i would consider a funny way.

another thing that gets my goat is that they always put starving children campaign adds on at tea time.. hard day at work..just want to relax and have your dinner on your knee and watch hollyoaks . before you know it theres some poor unfortunate with their eyes full of flys and your trying to enjoy your chicken kievs and chips with processed peas...some times you just have to stop..switch off or tune in to another channel.from now on i will pack my own bags and throw some change in the bucket if i feel like it..slan.

ex bed.."you said you used to"..whats the story there ?..you dont any more ?

I'm not in the UK any more, and they don't do it here. Here there are the guys who take your trolley to the car, load your shopping into the car and return the trolley to the trolley bay. I do give them any odd change I have in my purse.

I'm not in the UK any more, and they don't do it here. Here there are the guys who take your trolley to the car, load your shopping into the car and return the trolley to the trolley bay. I do give them any odd change I have in my purse.

Could they not cook it for you as well and do the washing up afterward! (just joking!)

Of course, the Bullingdon Club ruling elite consider the correct fix for food for the poor is for the poor to eat their own kids.

Nonsense! It's a well-know fact that they regularly wreck restaurants in order to (re)distribute the fruits of the earth to their poorer brethren. I vividly recall Lady Dutt-Pauker delivering a charming anecdote concerning one such raid on her favourite Hampstead restaurant.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now