Where Were You When....

Brett

I was just getting up and then the TV was on for most of the day.

All those flowers that appeared, later in the week!

When people put flowers where the person died, I am not to sure about that one.

It is remembering the spot where they suffered.

In France they had a system where they put up black shadow people at the spot of death.

That seems a better idea.

Maybe no one truly accepts death of a loved one.

No one gets out of here alive, so get on with life and remember to be kind to each other.

Should end with a joke but cannot think of one

On a swivel chair in front of a 21" computer screen.

I thought this was going to say ...when you heard Kennedy had been shot? :D

I was shocked and I still don't know why, I didn't have any attachment to the royals, still don't.

May have just been at the age where I was starting to take notice of real life events rather than then 8 bit world

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late to this thread, but anyway....

I was living in Plymouth at the time, in a big house with 6 others. I'd been out on the Saturday night with the mrs and had spent the night at her place, so at about 9am on the Sunday morning I'd just got back in and was wedging open the kitchen door when the landlord came in and said, "Shame about Diana isn't it?" Then he told me.

Like others have said, I've no particular connection to the royals but i was shocked none the less. In true Brit style I put the kettle on, sparked up, kept calm and carried on :)

Princess Di snuffed it?

I was in my bedroom with the radio on just about to get into bed when it was like a news flash interrupted the station.

when the first date gets stale someone suggest another

I remember getting up in that morning feeling excited because the Toon where playing Liverpool and it was a teliviesed match. Switched the telly on to hear the sad news and also the match was cancelled as mark of respect. Sad day on both counts.

• Like 1

I was working for the CSA in Gateshead, although I was too embarrassed to tell me mam & dad, so I used to tell them i was a drug dealer instead. :)

Anyway, we were on the 8th floor and one of the lasses' husbands rang in and told her and she told everyone else. Loads of the lasses were panicking in case we were next. Dozy buggers.

My wife and I were driving on the seabridge from Moncton New Brunswick Canada to Prince Edward Island when the news came on, I turned the camcorder on in the car and still have the footage with the radio reports as it happened, the stretch of water under this huge bridge is called the Northumberland strait.

The people of Canada could not have been nicer, we were camping down through Nova Scotia and back down through Maine to Pennsylvania but the borders were closed for 2 weeks so we made the most of it but we never played a tune on the radio after that,we only listened to the news, a lot of the camping parks in Canada kept the lights on all night which made it hard to sleep in a tent but I guess gave the campers a better feeling of security.

Strange days they were......

I was in a hotel in Edmonton Alberta getting ready to attend some Government meetings, thinking that pilot will be in trouble, as it was first thought it was some little Cessna! then watching the rest unfold while watching it on the security cameras at the meetings!

Reality realy set in during a coffee break when I got a call from my daughter who was living way up north!

I was in the house and had just turned the TV on for the news. I was totally shocked at what I was seeing. The weirdest thing is I had dreamt a plane had crashed into the Power Station chimneys not long before 911. I bought the DVD by the two Frenchman and United 93, and every anniversary I watch these two DVDs. They still have the same shock factor on me after all these years.

I can remember watching the news when I got in from work with the constant replays of the crashing planes, and I can remember having this feeling of vulnerability. Not that it was going to happen to me, but thinking that if these nutters could do such a thing then what next? Was anyone safe anymore?

I was told by my teacher at school when I was leaving for the day what at happened but it wasn't until I got home to see my parents with the news on when I really watched in total shock and watched the second plane hit.

It was the most surreal thing I have ever seen in my life.

My wife and I were driving on the seabridge from Moncton New Brunswick Canada to Prince Edward Island when the news came on, I turned the camcorder on in the car and still have the footage with the radio reports as it happened, the stretch of water under this huge bridge is called the Northumberland strait.

The people of Canada could not have been nicer, we were camping down through Nova Scotia and back down through Maine to Pennsylvania but the borders were closed for 2 weeks so we made the most of it but we never played a tune on the radio after that,we only listened to the news, a lot of the camping parks in Canada kept the lights on all night which made it hard to sleep in a tent but I guess gave the campers a better feeling of security.

Strange days they were......

Slightly Off Topic!

mickypotts, A few years ago my daughter was living in Presque Isle, Maine, when we were across visiting her we drove the bridge to PEI, what a great Province, we also toured around N.S., N.B., NYS, Pennsylvania etc

I was at home or at school, i only really remember the BBC news reporter being near the first tower then screaming and then the people all running was only 8 at the time so i did not really understand what was going on at the time or why it had happened.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now