Sign in to follow this  
Maggie/915

Emily Wilding Davison

Friday this week Woman's Hour are doing a feature on the suffragettes.

I am sure all views will be welcome.

Grace Darling, now she's truly a Northumbrian heroine.

Keith m8 try this link for a super song on Grace. This group "Sawdustjacks is superb. We have been given permission to use their historic heritage songs for future publications.

Have a look everyone and enjoy

Edited by johndawsonjune1955

Keith m8 try this link for a super song on Grace. This group "Sawdustjacks is superb. We have been given permission to use their historic heritage songs for future publications.

Have a look everyone and enjoy

good line, "In these days of false idols and rats in a race"

Beautiful song, she surely was a true Northumbrian.

'Tender Hearted'

It would have been good to know her, I am sure some of her ancestors are still around.

Very interesting Keith

Beautiful song, she surely was a true Northumbrian.

'Tender Hearted'

It would have been good to know her, I am sure some of her ancestors are still around.

There was a Darling family in Bedlington when I was a kid, I cant remember much about them except for a daughter Audrey who was often seen out and about . She had mental health issues (as far as I remember) and she would wander about with her head tilted to one side. I don't know if there is any of the Darling family left in Bedlington now.

There was a Darling family in Bedlington when I was a kid, I cant remember much about them except for a daughter Audrey who was often seen out and about . She had mental health issues (as far as I remember) and she would wander about with her head tilted to one side. I don't know if there is any of the Darling family left in Bedlington now.

Keith, there was a Barry Darling at the Woody School in my bro's class. I think he had two sisters, Christine? and ????. My mam knew their mother from the Glove Factory at Barrington - I think. I'll get back to you on that.

Maz O Connor has a track, on her soon to be released folk album, about Emily Wilding Davison!

The album is called 'The Willowed Light'

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• A family is "worried sick" after a 28-year-old went missing after a night out.
      Samantha Donkin, known as Sammie, who also uses the surname Smith, is described as being "vulnerable" and was having a difficult time when she went to meet a friend in Gateshead on Friday, June 19.
      Her sister, Natalie Stokoe, told Chronicle Live: "She was fine on Friday, she said she was going to see her friend in Gateshead.
      "I messaged her about 1.30am saying 'are you coming home?' and she said she was staying out, and she didn't come home the next day.
      "Her friend said she got into a taxi at 11.30pm, which went to Morpeth. My sister doesn't know anyone in Morpeth as far as we know, so it doesn't add up.
      "We've been ringing and messaging and she hasn't answered, so after 24 hours I reported her missing to the police, who are looking for her.

• Similar Content

• By threegee
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/13/northumberland-job-man-tried-steal-mini-cooper-ends-needing/
    • By johndawsonjune1955
      A reminder for forum users that the Sixtownships website has been updated for June.
      http://www.sixtownships.org.uk
      We have updated our archives with letters from soldiers on the front-line during World War One.
      The letters make fascinating reading and come from the Bedlington, netherton, barrington, tyneside, choppington, alnwick, west sleekburn and other areas.
      For those interested have a good read, you never know you may have family from the past having wrote letters.
      Read how the use of gas by the Germans affected our soldiers, how villages were destroyed, acts of bravery, and much more, including the ultimate sacrifice, death.
      You will never get a better example of life in the trenches and with it written by those who witnessed it.
      No one alive today to tell the story, but these letters tell the story.
      100 years next year since it all began and we aim to add more letters to our archives in the future.
      If you have any letters you would like to share from loved ones from the war, put them on our forum and we will transfer them to our archives.
  • Latest Topics