• 1 month later...

Grace Darling, now she's truly a Northumbrian heroine.

Keith m8 try this link for a super song on Grace. This group "Sawdustjacks is superb. We have been given permission to use their historic heritage songs for future publications.

Have a look everyone and enjoy

Edited by johndawsonjune1955

Beautiful song, she surely was a true Northumbrian.

'Tender Hearted'

It would have been good to know her, I am sure some of her ancestors are still around.

There was a Darling family in Bedlington when I was a kid, I cant remember much about them except for a daughter Audrey who was often seen out and about . She had mental health issues (as far as I remember) and she would wander about with her head tilted to one side. I don't know if there is any of the Darling family left in Bedlington now.

There was a Darling family in Bedlington when I was a kid, I cant remember much about them except for a daughter Audrey who was often seen out and about . She had mental health issues (as far as I remember) and she would wander about with her head tilted to one side. I don't know if there is any of the Darling family left in Bedlington now.

Keith, there was a Barry Darling at the Woody School in my bro's class. I think he had two sisters, Christine? and ????. My mam knew their mother from the Glove Factory at Barrington - I think. I'll get back to you on that.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 06/05/2023 at 05:42, B Davison said:

I grew up never being allowed to ask about great aunt Em, my family were ashamed of her, I still feel awkward when I think of her 

Don't know why they should be ashamed of her - it was Emily's choice:punk:.

Many will disagree with many different protests and protesters but that's their choice.:closed:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now