• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Morpeth Herald today tells us that Northumberlandia is now going forward for a National Award against schemes in Weymouth, Birmingham, Snowdonia, and Singapore!

The winner is to be announced in July.

Lets hope our very own lady wins.

The largest human landform in the World.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Was on top of The Lady yesterday - ooh no missus, titter ye not - incredible views and I was amazed at the extent of the opencast works behind it. But I still can't make sense out of it's layout - baffles me, that. But I was more impressed by the wildlife - damsel flies (tons) butterflies (even more) and a lovely cheese & tomato toastie at the cafe.

Was on top of The Lady yesterday - ooh no missus, titter ye not - incredible views and I was amazed at the extent of the opencast works behind it. But I still can't make sense out of it's layout - baffles me, that. But I was more impressed by the wildlife - damsel flies (tons) butterflies (even more) and a lovely cheese & tomato toastie at the cafe.

Did you rest that toastie on your case ma lord? 

Sorry, I meant to get back to this one. I still don't like Northumberlandia as a tourist attraction. I just cannot see the point in the design. There is too much up and down and going around. They might as well have built a rollercoaster on the site. But the views are impressive and the insect life is flourishing.

I have not seen it from the air Canny Lass.

Thanks for the comment, I must fly out soon.

Mind you I do enjoy walking from ground level up and do not mind going round and round.

Health and fitness maybe is an important part of the lady's charm to some people.

The path of least resistance,or an up hill struggle.

Mind you I do enjoy walking from ground level up and do not mind going round and round.

Health and fitness maybe is an important part of the lady's charm to some people.

Local photographer, Pau Appleby - Facebook -   www.facebook.com/PaulApplebyPhotography

took this aerial video that starts off with Northumberlandia (can sometime take a few seconds to get to the Youtube link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO4EgkvfohY

Local photographer, Paul Appleby has some aerial videos of our area on his fb page

www.facebook.com/PaulApplebyPhotography

One of them starts off with Northumberlandia -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO4EgkvfohY = the URL but I can't get this link to the video on Youtube to activate.

You have to page down a few pages of photos and other aerial videos from the local area

Alnmouth and Amble Aerial Photography

Aerial video of Amble and Alnmouth, Northumberland.

The Beautiful North East - Aerial Video

A selection of view from the North East of England. Bamburgh Castle Angel of the North Seaton Sluice Sea

Until you reach :-

Blyth & Cramlington (Northumberland) Aerial Views

Short film of Blyth Beach, Northumberlandia and an old windmill in Cramlington, Northumberland UK.

Edited by Eggy1948

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now