Pictures Needed.

As part of our Heritage project we are going to need as many old pictures of Bedlington Front Street as possible.

They will be used along with 'green screen' technology to produce a film about the changing Front Street.

Please help out if possible, I will make sure full accreditation is given.

Please send all pictures which you think meet this criteria to the address: pics@bedlington.co.uk

As part of our Heritage project we are going to need as many old pictures of Bedlington Front Street as possible.

They will be used along with 'green screen' technology to produce a film about the changing Front Street.

Bedlington Station (pre railway , obviously). Note the Clayton has changed very littlepost-2524-0-74755200-1358501748_thumb.jp

Where do we send the photos to, Malcolm? Do we just put them on this site?

PS - Keith, that's not the Clayton, it's got intact windows.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a big band leader who played for the BBC in very early days.

His family had a shop near Millbank Terrace. Clousden was the name I think.

Sorry no pictures. Just a picture of the shop would link it to famous people in Bedlington.

If we could get some information.

Would be interested to know who they all are?

Think it was a trip to Blackpool.

Obviously for reasons of Internet security we cannot say who our nearest and dearest are!

Particularly if like me we are using our real names.

Life is strange.

Not the way it used to be, sadly.

• 1 month later...

The lad in the back row far right in the Sun Inn pic is my dad Thomas William Glenton Potts, known as Tommy in Bedlington and ashington pit where he worked but to his family he was Bill??

Malcolm started a new topic off on the Front Street.

See what you think m8 i joined them up and its like it was in 1959. However, we could say earlier if we aint got more to add on from then as it hadnt really changed.

I am going off the 1959 bedlington picnic footage for these two pics. Just an idea.

If its no good nothing lost, you know what i mean

• 1 year later...

The lad on the far left on the top row was called bob young he had 3kids graham another son & a daughter he married tinker shorts

Sister , tinker had 2 daughters Allison & Jacky who was a right good footballer I think they lived in hirst villas not sure though the

Streets that is

The picture I posted last year of the Sun Inn regulars was a trip to Blackpool.

I seem to recollect it was a regular trip or outing.

My Dad was in the darts team.

The Sun Inn now seems in need of some investment.

It was a popular destination for our ancestors.

It would be great if it could become competition for the Red Lion / Spoons .

All they have to do, like all the other pubs in the locale should do, is to lower their prices on alcohol - little wonder the Red Lion in Wetherspoons ownership is doing so well. A parallel must be the rise of Aldi and Lidl and the reduced footfall in the big name supermarkets. We've all been paying too much for too long!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now