Whatever Happened To...?

Denzel

Denzel,

This has taken quite a bit of digging but here is the answer.

The top blew off this shelter so it had to be demolished as it was unsafe. It will be replaced but that takes months? Adshel not WDC say when, again? However it should be replaced with something in keeping with the rest of the "street furniture" as will be the one on Ncl Bank. It should also be paid by the community group which got the grant for the rest of the steet package, PROVIDING some cash is left!

I know there are a lot of people on this board knocking the present upgrades to the street furniture in Bedlington and to them only a few words: lets see what you can do! By and large the only reason this is getting done is because some people got off their arses and actually applied themselves!

Of course I have to say that bus shelters are needed NOW not so much in the summer months and why on earth people have to wait in the rain for a service which they pay for, and which provides some commercial return, I do not understand. You would think someone would be getting their fingers out now during the winter months!

Come on now Malcolm.!

Do you really expect even a respectable minority of the population to forgo the pleasures of complaining about things, for the irksome task of actually helping fix the problem.

To quote a prior post: "Whats the point"!

Joe.

Come on now Malcolm.!

Do you really expect even a respectable minority of the population to forgo the pleasures of complaining about things, for the irksome task of actually helping fix the problem.

To quote a prior post: "Whats the point"!

Joe.

Joe,

What I cannot understand is the people who say that but offer nothing as alternatives. I admire anyone who challenges the status quo but only if they can do so creatively with some constructive criticism! The only logical conclusion is that people want the “Nanny State”, in the worst sense of the wording, so they are led nose first from birth to death. That scares me!

I AM NOT A NUMBER……………………… ;)

Joe,

What I cannot understand is the people who say that but offer nothing as alternatives. I admire anyone who challenges the status quo but only if they can do so creatively with some constructive criticism! The only logical conclusion is that people want the “Nanny State”, in the worst sense of the wording, so they are led nose first from birth to death. That scares me!

I AM NOT A NUMBER……………………… ;)

/quote]

That scares me to but Blair has done more to create a nanny state than any other MP, he is continually taking our rights away, soon it will be illegal to challenge anything.