Bedlington Terrier Dog - Google

I am sick and tired of getting pictures of Bedlington Terrier dogs whenever I type in Bedlington on Google.

Type in axe-weilding Bedlington killers and you get a curly-haired mutt looking at you. Type in Bedlington invaded by aliens from outer space and you get - dog; Old maps of Bedlington - dog; Old shops in Bedlington - dog; famous people of Bedlington - dog. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I've even spelled Terrier wrong in my rage AAARRRGGGHHH!

Edited by keith lockey

Some of us have been trying to change that a bit Keef.........hence the ending on the "Everyone is taking about Bedlington" video.

Having said that I have had to bow to common sense and use our International brand in a project I am busy with now. You just can't get away for it and when you are trying to get something off the ground on a none existent budget you have to use anything at your disposal!

Yeah, I know, it's just annoying when you google Bedlington and get nothing but pictures of moon-faced lamb-dogs. I was looking for an old map of Bedlington - I know I've seen a good site but just can't find it - and all I got was the dog and the football team. I will not be beaten, failure isn't an option.

Which map Keef...........

I have the 1769 one, 1860 one and the 1897 one at hand.

Actually all of them. I want to see how the township has developed over the centuries. I have been following the thread on Bedla and on how Bedlington got its name, and I have a book SOMEWHERE on St. Cuthberts - but I cannot lay my hand on it! How settlements grow into towns and villages then cities fascinate me and I want to see how Bedlington grew up. So if you can post some maps on the site that would be great, cheers.

Edited by keith lockey

Keith,

I have to say your anti-dog stance is startling. You are decidedly dog-ist. The local dogs will be visiting your home very soon. Expect some nice presents.

I am sick and tired of getting pictures of Bedlington Terrier dogs whenever I type in Bedlington on Google.

Type in axe-weilding Bedlington killers and you get a curly-haired mutt looking at you. Type in Bedlington invaded by aliens from outer space and you get - dog; Old maps of Bedlington - dog; Old shops in Bedlington - dog; famous people of Bedlington - dog. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I've even spelled Terrier wrong in my rage AAARRRGGGHHH!

Keith you could try using bedlington -"terrier" as the search criteria this should work but not always.

All you have to do, Pete, is type in the word Bedlington and you invaribly get a picture of the dog. It doesn't matter if you type anything else in you just get 50 million pictures of BT dogs. It's infuriating. I've got nothing against the dog, but if I wanted a picture of one I would have typed in Bedlington Terrier dog. AAARRRGGGHHH!

All you have to do, Pete, is type in the word Bedlington and you invaribly get a picture of the dog. It doesn't matter if you type anything else in you just get 50 million pictures of BT dogs. It's infuriating. I've got nothing against the dog, but if I wanted a picture of one I would have typed in Bedlington Terrier dog. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Keith try using the minus sign and put terriers in the speech marks and it should filter out any terriers

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

You see what I mean! You type into Google images - archaeology in Bedlington - and what is the first image you get - a book on ruddy Bedlington Terrier dogs.

Keith, you could try archaeology in Bedlington -"terrier" -terriers" That should eliminate any terrier images.

I'll swap you computers, Pete, because it doesn't matter what I type in - ie the Bedlington word - I get a ruddy dog. Honest, this isn't an anti-dog rant. I was looking for archaeology in Bedlington = dog; old maps of Bedlington = dog. fifty shades of Bedlington terrier dog and a handful of t'other.

Edited by keith lockey

See, the dogs are taking over the world, Keith; never mind aliens, zombies, Niburu and the much-maligned apocalypse, it's teh blue and orange dogs we have to worry about. They may look cute and fluffy - oh yes - but that's a cunning disguise. Underneath they are poised to rum amok, to take control, to wreak havoc with our daily lives, and to insti fear into even the most ardent of cyber-terrorists. I am about to convene a meeting of the Table 25 cohorts to discuss the problem.

• 1 year later...

See, the dogs are taking over the world, Keith; never mind aliens, zombies, Niburu and the much-maligned apocalypse, it's teh blue and orange dogs we have to worry about. They may look cute and fluffy - oh yes - but that's a cunning disguise. Underneath they are poised to rum amok, to take control, to wreak havoc with our daily lives, and to insti fear into even the most ardent of cyber-terrorists. I am about to convene a meeting of the Table 25 cohorts to discuss the problem.

Table 25 :-) you must know my Robin.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now