Bedlington Rail Tour

Interesting Adam but, do they realise that the Tories are in power (un-elected I may add) and only their high brow mates can afford the prices! But of course that's what it's for, so they can all laugh at the locals scratching about for summit to eat while they dine in first class!!

Anyone interested in seeing Bedlington from the Rails? Now your chance as a rail tour will be comming to Bedlington, however can't board at the station :thumbsdown: , have to board at newcastle more details here:

http://www.railwayto...-trips/wansbeck

"Laidies and Gentleman, I hope you are enjoying your journey through South East Northumberland. We are travelling through what has now become known as 'Vera 'country - named after the popular T.V . detective,. As we leave North Blyth you may notice how quiet it seems on the quay on our left, that is the Alcan Berth. It is quiet because Rio Tinto has pulled the plug and high tailed it out of town. Sit back and enjoy your journey. "

"We are now entering the picturesque community, Bedlington Station. Please note the many varieties of weeds, weeving their way up the well kept chain link fence and the strategically placed items of litter alongside the railway lines. If you look closely beyond the buildings on our left, you can see a world record ammount of take away food outlets crammed into a small area. Please keep looking out of the left side, - CAREFULLY, you'll tip the train. As we go over the crossings, please feast your eyes on the magnificent building, The Clayton Arms (a gasp of pure wonderment fills the carriages). Take particular notice of the modern, self ventilating windows and the up to date advertising daubed on the frames and walls. Note also, how the clientelle standing outside have enjoyed themselves so much inside, they are finding difficult to go home, their faces are bruised after taking part in popular bar room activities of which the clientelle of the Clayton Arms excell. As we pass even more take aways, we will soon cross the River Blyth , as we approach the viaduct, look out of the right side windows, upstream and near the quaint furness bridge, you may just be able to see the disposable outdoor Gymnasium and Picnic tables. Disposable? I hear you ask, it gets quite chilly at nights and the users of this equipment are encouraged to warm themselves by the fire using the equipment as fuel. East Bedlington Parish Council kindly remove the used Equipment and supply more."

" Please relax and continue to enjoy your journey as we head towards the sprawling metropolis of Newcastle upon Tyne. The train will brake sharpley very soon, this is so we can disslodge some of the Clayton Arms customers who have somehow got on the carriage roof , dont worry, the river will break their fall. (loud slamm, screeching of brakes and the train comes to a halt fading screams are heard as people fall towards the river) .............. oops the tide is out"

Nice one Keith, you should have been a tour guide operator. But you missed out the luxurious EMPTY flats known as White Elephant Combo that now stands where the Claggy mat once stood.

Are any of them Flats lived In Keith as there does not seem to be a lot/any cars parked in the car park, if so why not pull them down a build something everyone can use, like i don't know a Cinema. :withstupid:

Are any of them Flats lived In Keith as there does not seem to be a lot/any cars parked in the car park, if so why not pull them down a build something everyone can use, like i don't know a Cinema. :withstupid:

Good question, Adam, one I sadly can't answer. Same as you I have never seen any cars parked there. I honestly don't think anyone lives there.

Just booked (and paid for....thanks Dad!) for some rail tickets for my daughter to come up for a visit. London to Newcastle mid day and mid week £16.85. I thought that is amazing value especially when the same journey could cost £185.00.

Now if it was that for of cost for a Puffing Billy..................

Would be cheaper if British Rail was still around Malcolm.

Nice one Keith, you should have been a tour guide operator. But you missed out the luxurious EMPTY flats known as White Elephant Combo that now stands where the Claggy mat once stood.

Err Keith.

I`ll have you know they are luxurious, empty APARTMENTS. not flats. There is a difference you know!

I wouldn`t live any where near mere flats!! :dribble:

If half of them are sold (as the sign says) then 90% of the sold ones don`t own:

• A car
  • Curtains
  • Blinds
  • Light bulbs

Edited by John W. SNRG

Err Keith.

I`ll have you know they are luxurious, empty APARTMENTS. not flats. There is a difference you know!

If half of them are sold (as the sign says) then 90% of the sold ones don`t own:

• A car
  • Curtains
  • Blinds
  • Light bulbs

Is the car park not in the middle, a court yard type ?

Err Keith.

• A car
  • Curtains
  • Blinds
  • Light bulbs

They struggle to rent them never mind sell them, reckon they are tiny.

• 1 year later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now