Market Place Bedlington. Free Dvd

Hi all. That Market place footage is complete.

Its fully digitised, but only about 5 minutes, and quality footage.

Its free if anyone wants a copy of it.

It shows the Cross, St. Cuthbert's, Elliots Garage (Nice to remember as its gone now) Barnes fruit and Veg shop

And a few other little scenes. Full colour and enhanced to a high quality.

Tuck it away for the future its a canny little bit of history from 1970s.

I can get a few copies done and members can help each other by duplicating a few.

Edited by johndawsonjune1955

copy a dozen up and pass them onto you Malcolm. Its handy as you know more the members than me.

Need anymore just l;et me know.

Cracking short footage too.

Cheers Malcolm.

John, Malcolm, is it possible to have a down loadable version on here for people like me who no longer live in Bedlington?

John, Malcolm, is it possible to have a down loadable version on here for people like me who no longer live in Bedlington?

Just PM me and I will organise web space for you - either in the Gallery or as a stand-alone download (depending on the metrics).

I can also do a video conversions from/to just about any regular format, so the download doesn't have to be restricted to the original encoding.

What do the members think of it ?

If you have old footage and want it digitised contact the group

sixtowns@sixtownships.org.uk

Thats the Email

Or let me know on here.

No holiday footage just historic on our areas. Quality looks good too.

Malcolm could you remove my first feeble video attempt. Got it right in the end.

May get some more up very soon when i go to the groups archives as theres little bits of footage like this there.

If I am not mistaken that was Austin Leggett that passed by Barnes. He was a character who used to get in the Terrier when I first drank there. He could play the accordian and the spoons. (Not at the same time, I hasten to add) He had a dog called Muttley and it used to get on the Raisbeck bus - by itself - get off at the Blue Bell - and go into the Bell where Austin used to also sup. One night Austin took it to the Half Moon at Stakeford with the Terrier Pool Team. He forgot about the dog when they left later that night. The landlord was woke up by Muttley howling. He turfed it out and it walked all the way home. What a dog. Austin was a true character - a bricky by trade.

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken that was Austin Leggett that passed by Barnes. He was a character who used to get in the Terrier when I first drank there. He could play the accordian and the spoons. (Not at the same time, I hasten to add) He had a dog called Muttley and it used to get on the Raisbeck bus - by itself - get off at the Blue Bell - and go into the Bell where Austin used to also sup. One night Austin took it to the Half Moon at Stakeford with the Terrier Pool Team. He forgot about the dog when they left later that night. The landlord was woke up by Muttley howling. He turfed it out and it walked all the way home. What a dog. Austin was a true character - a bricky by trade.

Okay Keith, you've won the Pint Tickets again!! :)

Absolutely true, Foxy, Austin was a broon ale drinker and one helluva crossword artist. The Terrier was full of characters like him. - domino players who could tell you what you had in your hand before you even picked up your doms. It was one of the crimes of the century when they pulled that pub down.

Absolutely true, Foxy, Austin was a broon ale drinker and one helluva crossword artist. The Terrier was full of characters like him. - domino players who could tell you what you had in your hand before you even picked up your doms. It was one of the crimes of the century when they pulled that pub down.

We were in Morpeth one wednesday on the lash and Austen and his dog was with us. The club wouldnt let the dog in so Austen went to the bus stop went up to the driver of the Blyth bus, slung the dog on and told the driver to let it off anywhere in Bedlington . We was some bloke man, He must have had a liver like a brick , the ammount he could drink (that mostly other people were conned into paying for.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now