New Years Honours

tomtom

Is it just me or do other folk find the Honours System out dated - how the h*** can a cyclist get a Knighthood when there are more, much more people in the general community who get nothing. I can name a dozen or so folk who do so much for others and yes, saving life is at the top of the list i.e Lifeboatmen, Paramedics etc etc - these are the folk who seemingly get nothing. Sportsmen and Olympians - bah humbug.

• Like 1

Aye and I was totaly agrieved not too see my name on the list AGAIN . Its about time I was sired.

sire (sr)

n.

1. A father.

2. The male parent of an animal, especially a domesticated mammal such as a horse.

3. Archaic A male ancestor; a forefather.

4. Archaic A gentleman of rank.

5. Archaic Used as a form of address for a superior, especially a king.

tr.v. sired, sir·ing, sires

To father; beget.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *seior, from Latin senior, older, comparative of senex, old; see sen- in Indo-European roots.]

agree to both

sire (sr)

n.

1. A father.

2. The male parent of an animal, especially a domesticated mammal such as a horse.

3. Archaic A male ancestor; a forefather.

4. Archaic A gentleman of rank.

5. Archaic Used as a form of address for a superior, especially a king.

tr.v. sired, sir·ing, sires

To father; beget.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *seior, from Latin senior, older, comparative of senex, old; see sen- in Indo-European roots.]

You spelled retired wrong Keith

Hook, line and sinker boys and girls!

These few celebs (sporties & lovies) represent only a tiny fraction of of those begging to kneel down before Betty Saxe-Coburg and Gotha or her dozzy eldest Chucky. The ONLY function of these events is to bolster the existence of the whole corrupt edifice by rewarding all those belonging to the ruling elite.

Oh yes, they usually nominate some goofy Loolipop Lady to keep the vile Daily Mail happy and by extension promote the view that the whole shoddy system is there to recognise the 'everyman'. It's all a load of boll*cks.

I say - applaud those who have seen through the ghastly con and refused to have anything to do with it.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now