Saving Money ?

Andy Brown

Is NCC on a money saving drive at the minute ?? As it appears they are starting with their electricity bill, St Johns Road from the new flats down to the traffic lights, all street lights were off, The road past Blyth tip, all lights were off, it took them 3 months to respond to 2 street lights being off in our street.

As far as I know Andy it doesn't work like that. I have just had the same argument with a NCC officer who was trying to bill a community group for NCC elecky. Having been stung in the past, AKA Bedlington Street Lights Appeal, I am not about to repeat the same mistake!

NCC sits down with the supplier once and year and guesstimates their usage and buys that amount of electricity. There ain't any rebates so if things like large scale street lights are off for any length of time we are probably not getting what we are paying for.

As far as NCC saving money, you ain't seen nothing yet! £100M stripped out of operational expenditure over the last couple of years and now an extra £75M to find. Happy Xmas Mr Osborn!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now