Banana Sandwich

keith lockey

Okay, just disowned my bro over this one. we got on talking about what we used to eat at home and touched on banana sanwiches. (Which i still luv.) Now as far as I'm concerned there is only one way to eat a 'nana sandwich. You get a slice of bread, squash banana onto it, then fold it over until the banana is oozing out the sides, then you eat it.

But my bro says he puts...ugh....sugar on his...puke, vomit...but worse still margarine...aargh! What a wimp; what a culinary crime. Please tell me others don't do this.

Butter and sugar are a must!!

Speaking of sandwich fillings, did anybody else have jam with everything? My dad took sandwhiches to work at Netherton Colliery. No matter what the filling, he put a layer of jam on it. he said it was too dry to eat otherwise. To this day my favourite sandwhich filling is fried pork sausage with Robertsons thick cut orange marmalade. Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam comes a close second!

To this day my favourite sandwhich filling is fried pork sausage with Robertsons thick cut orange marmalade.

Sorry Canny Lass, no matter which way I look at that it just does not seem palatable. (Were you by any chance preggas at the time, cos I heard women have funny culinary tastes during that time.)

To this day my favourite sandwhich filling is fried pork sausage with Robertsons thick cut orange marmalade.

Sorry Canny Lass, no matter which way I look at that it just does not seem palatable. (Were you by any chance preggas at the time, cos I heard women have funny culinary tastes during that time.)

Nowt wrong with that, There was a kid at college who always put jam on his bacon sarnie

Speaking of sandwich fillings, did anybody else have jam with everything? My dad took sandwhiches to work at Netherton Colliery. No matter what the filling, he put a layer of jam on it. he said it was too dry to eat otherwise. To this day my favourite sandwhich filling is fried pork sausage with Robertsons thick cut orange marmalade. Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam comes a close second!

My Dad also worked at Netherton pit, he would only ever take jam sandwiches to work for his bait

Definitely not preggas! I can remember eating these as a toddler. You must try it. It's lovely. One large slice buttered white bread. One fried pork sausage, hot or cold, cut in half length ways and placed on half the bread. Spread a dollop of orange marmelade on the other half and fold over. Enjoy!

Definitely not preggas! I can remember eating these as a toddler. You must try it. It's lovely. One large slice buttered white bread. One fried pork sausage, hot or cold, cut in half length ways and placed on half the bread. Spread a dollop of orange marmelade on the other half and fold over. Enjoy!

I'm veggie, Canny Lass, but I can try it with a Linda McCartney sausage. Someone has told me he tried a fried banana. UGH!

PS, Malcolm, who am I up against on the other site - please enlighten me in a PM if you will.

Edited by keith lockey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Moving on from banana sandwiches - how about sliced beetroot sandwiches. You looked like Kathy Kirby when you finished eating them, what with all the red beetroot on your lips. I've just bought a jar at Tescos, Dee Liscious. Where's the microphone....once I had a secret love....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do not know how anyone can eat a sandwich, regardless of the filling, without butter.

Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam, brought up on it, still eat it.

As a nipper - Ginger snap sandwich.

Sliced cold potatoes.

Accidentally started one when first started to work at Blyth Shipyard. Me dad asked me one Sunday night, as he always did the four bates for Monday morning, what do you want in yours? Noticed there was only a couple of tatties left so said - tatties & beef paste = two slices with tatties and two with beef paste. Opened bait box Monday lunch time and bit into my first ever beef paste & cold tattie sandwich. That was it for every Monday for years.

• 3 weeks later...

Caad tetties, chips, crisps or owt left on the dinner plate! there wasn't much of a loaf left after my brother and I had egg'n chips!

Hmm!I think I know why I had that heart attack!

O.T. Anyone hear from Canny Lass?

Fresh white bread butter chips and runny egg ........ :dribble:

My Dad loved jam & bung (cheese) sandwiches ... he said it was an army thing.

I still have the occasional banana sandwich with demerera sugar but always between rough-cut brown crusty bread. It's decades since I last had white sliced bread (I would have been a poor student in London) but fondly remember chip sandwiches. But nothing beats white Cheshire cheese with a dollop of Gentleman's Relish* smeared over it, then held in place between thickly buttered crusty brown bread. Yum!

* Gentleman's Relish is a type of chutney and not some iffy Victorian sex game.

Edited by Symptoms

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now