Christmas Lights

tomtom

Really like the lights on Front Street this year - the trees look fabulous decked out with a myriad of bulbs. Good on you Bedlington - keep it up.

Anyone seen the lights in the station ? no? thought so, neither has anyone else, What a bloody joke, at least they save on erection and dismantling costs 'cos they have been up for 3 years solid. We must be the laughing stock of South East Northumberland.

Anyone seen the lights in the station ? no? thought so, neither has anyone else, What a bloody joke, at least they save on erection and dismantling costs 'cos they have been up for 3 years solid. We must be the laughing stock of South East Northumberland.

I have seen the bare tree at the Station next to the toilets, it looks as if its hooked up to the lamp post but did not see any lights.

I have seen the bare tree at the Station next to the toilets, it looks as if its hooked up to the lamp post but did not see any lights.

Aye Pete, it was the switch on last Tuesday and a mega cock u it was too. Apart from anything else, they switched them on and nothing happened, Apparently no-one from the council turned up with the proper fuse. They're still not on .

Front Street lights are OK but switch-on ceremony was a bit plodding again. Can we get a lively compère next year?

The front steet looks ok but the lights could have done with working, I counted at least 3 lights that did not work, they should all be working correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why the xmas lights in the Station weren't switched on this year.......... THE CHIP SHOP IS CLOSED. Apparrently, the switch is in there and as the business is closed, no-one could get in to switch the lights on. I am sure if someone HAD RANG THE LETTING AGENT, they would have been only too happy to send someone with a key so the lights could be switched on and when the time comes, off. The agents phone number, oh aye, its printed on the TO LET sign above the shop. ......... its not rocket science

Edited by keith

The reason why the xmas lights in the Station weren't switched on this year.......... THE CHIP SHOP IS CLOSED. Apparrently, the switch is in there and as the business is closed, no-one could get in to switch the lights on. I am sure if someone HAD RANG THE LETTING AGENT, they would have been only too happy to send someone with a key so the lights could be switched on and when the time comes, off. The agents phone number, oh aye, its printed on the TO LET sign above the shop. ......... its not rocket science

Who pays for the electricity Keith?

Who pays for the electricity Keith?

That ! I do not know. Could be that the traders all chip in for it, as the switch is in the chip shop at the end of Ravensworth Tce. The lights were a joint thing with the traders and the Parish council as far as I know, they have been up for about 3 years now and never taken down

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now