Northumberland Film And Tv

Adam Hogg

Any room for Bedlington or South East Northumberland?

http://www.journalli...61634-32363658/

We've not done too badly in that department lately Adam. - Vera was filmed in the area. They took over the Welwyn for a day or two the last time, made it look like an Army barracks. They spent a lot of time in Cambois, West Sleekburn, East Sleekburn and North Blyth, as well as fiming in Newbiggin and Blyth (the old farmhouse at the south beach) Edited by keith

We've not done too badly in that department lately Adam. - Vera was filmed in the area. They took over the Welwyn for a day or two the last time, made it look like an Army barracks. They spent a lot of time in Cambois, West Sleekburn, East Sleekburn and North Blyth, as well as fiming in Newbiggin and Blyth (the old farmhouse at the south beach)

Very true! In fact, a friend of mine spent a day on set, on account of the fact he rented a skip to them for one scene and they thought they might need his advice! (true story.......)

We've not done too badly in that department lately Adam. - Vera was filmed in the area. They took over the Welwyn for a day or two the last time, made it look like an Army barracks. They spent a lot of time in Cambois, West Sleekburn, East Sleekburn and North Blyth, as well as fiming in Newbiggin and Blyth (the old farmhouse at the south beach)

I did not know they filmed in Newbiggin. However bar Vera the last time any place in south east northumberland was in a tv series or film, was if I'm correct Billy Elliot in 2000 and it was Newbiggin and Lynemouth power station yard, for some reason they could not use Ellington Colliery yard would have set the scene better i think.

Lets not forget ALIENS 3. Blyth Power Station provided some of the smelter works shots...

The power stations had very few television and film appearances:

• In 1991, the site was used as a shooting location for the sci-fi horror film Alien 3.[8] Various locations in the North East of England were used in shooting the film, and the power station provided the location for some shots of the planet surface.[44]

Lets not forget ALIENS 3. Blyth Power Station provided some of the smelter works shots...

The power stations had very few television and film appearances:

• In 1991, the site was used as a shooting location for the sci-fi horror film Alien 3.[8] Various locations in the North East of England were used in shooting the film, and the power station provided the location for some shots of the planet surface.[44]

Don't forget Get Carter and The Fifteen Streets were also shot in Blyth, but I'm talking about after 2000 South East Northumberland does not appear in any Film since then, also only one film EVER shot a scene in Bedlington and that was Women in Love and that was one scene shot at Dr Pit if I understand correctly.

I watched some of the filming of Vera outside the Creswell Arms and on the bay at Newbiggin . Get Carter was also filmed on the Staithes at North Blyth.

They filmed the Jungle Book at Plessey woods. Baghera and Sher Khan spent their spare time on the golf course, where they were also filming Watership down. It seemed they got barred from the area for eating Watership Down cast members.

The Savanna scenes of the Lion King were filmed at Atlee park.

Dumbo, the Muppet show and Pinochio were all fimed at County Hall

Will I be making my acting debut in it?

As Canny Lass says I am just putting the finishing touches to the script - especially my love scene with Kylie Minogue. I might have to edit it because it is already two hours long and we haven't got our socks off yet. As for your acting debut Adam, well do you want a stunt man to do your orgy scenes with the Spice girls or do you want to do it yourself? I'm thinking of incorporating the lush toilets in the Red Lion as a portal to another dimension - you know, you flush the loo and are sent back to another date. I know I have lost many a day in a pub's loos.

Edited by keith lockey

I watched some of the filming of Vera outside the Creswell Arms and on the bay at Newbiggin . Get Carter was also filmed on the Staithes at North Blyth.

They filmed the Jungle Book at Plessey woods. Baghera and Sher Khan spent their spare time on the golf course, where they were also filming Watership down. It seemed they got barred from the area for eating Watership Down cast members.

The Savanna scenes of the Lion King were filmed at Atlee park.

Dumbo, the Muppet show and Pinochio were all fimed at County Hall

Keithy weethy, I so do not believe the above statement - you OUTSIDE a pub!!!! Let's keep focused on reality here. (PS, I have never been in the Cresswell Arms, what's it like?)

Edited by keith lockey

We've got 'Table 25' in the making. Filmed entirely in and around Front Street. Merc and Keith are just putting the final touches to the manuscript.

Indeed; while Keith has been fine tuning the script I have been scouting for locations. And sampling the beer in said locations. (Nice pint of Grainger Ale at the Red Lion; That's another free pint please, Mark the Manager).

As Canny Lass says I am just putting the finishing touches to the script - especially my love scene with Kylie Minogue. I might have to edit it because it is already two hours long and we haven't got our socks off yet. As for your acting debut Adam, well do you want a stunt man to do your orgy scenes with the Spice girls or do you want to do it yourself? I'm thinking of incorporating the lush toilets in the Red Lion as a portal to another dimension - you know, you flush the loo and are sent back to another date. I know I have lost many a day in a pub's loos.

Would have thought i would have gotten a role with the lovely Eva Green, or am i dreaming Keith?

Keithy weethy, I so do not believe the above statement - you OUTSIDE a pub!!!! Let's keep focused on reality here. (PS, I have never been in the Cresswell Arms, what's it like?)

I'll have you know that I am the chairman of the South East Northumberland Temperance Society (SENTS) I was there in my capacity as the alcohol reclamation service exectutive ( ARSE). All alcohol is brought to my home and disposed of hic %^%r% responsibly. I am just about to go to the Railway and dispose of their illicit drink hic &^%%$

Oh aye, itsnot bad in there

Edited by keith

I'll have you know that I am the chairman of the South East Northumberland Temperance Society (SENTS) I was there in my capacity as the alcohol reclamation service exectutive ( ARSE). All alcohol is brought to my home and disposed of hic %^%r% responsibly. I am just about to go to the Railway and dispose of their illicit drink hic &^%%$

Oh aye, itsnot bad in there

A worthy cause, Keith, I can just see you liberating alcohol from every pub in Bedlington. (Not that there are many left open now) I used to do the same in my youth, though it was called Pub Crawling them days. Many a bottle of gin did I rescue from boredom on a bar's shelf. I became possesed; I would walk into a bar and hear the beer calling to me - "drink me" "liberate me from this barrel, or bottle or keg...." Yes I saved many a drink from dark dank cellars and I still say to this day that a bottle of McEwans Export was one of the finest drinks every tasted by my darling buds..

• 1 year later...

Don't forget Get Carter and The Fifteen Streets were also shot in Blyth, but I'm talking about after 2000 South East Northumberland does not appear in any Film since then, also only one film EVER shot a scene in Bedlington and that was Women in Love and that was one scene shot at Dr Pit if I understand correctly.

aye..get carter..probably the best of the lot of them..however...the bit at the end was a bit far fetched..on min he was in the toon then the next hes off running aboot on the beach miles away..even brenden foster couldn't have travelled across Northumberland that fast..lol

Parts of 'The Fast Show' with Paul Whitehouse & Caroline Ahearne were filmed on Station Rd in Ashington. The section where Whitehouse is walking quickly and the backdrop continually changes has lots of Ashington in the background. The sketch was later used in milk adverts. "I'nt milk brilliant".

Light relief, some friend in the 70s claimed to have been at a bar near the central station while they were filming a scene from

Get Carter. It seems they gave everyone free booze, the filming took rather a long time and as everyone was rolling drunk they had to have another try at filming the next night.

Maybe they were just pretending to be drunk!

My mother felt she had to see 'Women in Love' just to see if she could spot anyone she knew.

George Clark is doing a good job promoting Kielder on C4 with the tree house he is building on Amazing Spaces.

Robson Green, is equally well, promoting Northumberland with his ITV programme 'Tales From Northumberland'

Last night it was Earl Grey, Craster and Low Newton.

I hope anyone living elsewhere can get these two programmes.

George Clark is doing a good job promoting Kielder on C4 with the tree house he is building on Amazing Spaces.

Also that millhouse with the new waterwheel, with all the metal parts coming from.................Bedlington!  Its going to be on again soon I understand.  

Is that the one from Thrum Mill. ( I think)  that couple came from Blyth as far as I remember.  

Also that millhouse with the new waterwheel, with all the metal parts coming from.................Bedlington!  Its going to be on again soon I understand.  

Was the metal as used, from a place that has make metal ends for Items with a Bedlington Theme "terrier" which you oversaw Malcolm?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now