Litter, Fag Ends And General Filth

tomtom

What a disgusting area behind the Market Tavern - the rear of the pub and the alley leading to the car park is litter strewn - a good breeding ground for rats! - Does anyone care?

What a disgusting area behind the Market Tavern - the rear of the pub and the alley leading to the car park is litter strewn - a good breeding ground for rats! - Does anyone care?

Looks like the only people who care are the ones that cannot do anything about it.

The rats are more than likely living in this haven which has been created by Tescos. When the weather gets too bad they can move indoors into what was once a thriving business but sadly taken over and closed down. Bearing in mind both of these eyesores are in the heart of the conservation area, I often wonder how this company are allowed to get away with it, but then "Oh Yes" its Bully Boy Tesco, Their doing the same thing at Seaton Deleval, however the council there are trying to fight them while the councillors here say there's nothing they can do so we'll just have to sit back and wait. Well I can't wait for the next voting papers to drop through the letterbox.

post-2205-0-11869900-1353840437_thumb.jp

post-2205-0-20375800-1353840511_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Am I naive or is it true that Tesco owns the land & old Co-op so that no one else can build on it - ie - no competition can hustle in and take away trade. I mean whats the difference with that and say...Al Capone and a protection racket?

And while I'm on the subject why is Bedlington the only town NOT to have a single charity shop.

PAWS, for crying out loud realise the potential. I for one will work in the shop for you - now it's in writing.

Looks like the only people who care are the ones that cannot do anything about it.

The rats are more than likely living in this haven which has been created by Tescos. When the weather gets too bad they can move indoors into what was once a thriving business but sadly taken over and closed down. Bearing in mind both of these eyesores are in the heart of the conservation area, I often wonder how this company are allowed to get away with it, but then "Oh Yes" its Bully Boy Tesco, Their doing the same thing at Seaton Deleval, however the council there are trying to fight them while the councillors here say there's nothing they can do so we'll just have to sit back and wait. Well I can't wait for the next voting papers to drop through the letterbox.

It is a disgrace Tesco's was allowed to buy the business then force the person out, also county sold the car park to Tescos but it was not county's to sell how can they both get away with that?

Am I naive or is it true that Tesco owns the land & old Co-op so that no one else can build on it - ie - no competition can hustle in and take away trade. I mean whats the difference with that and say...Al Capone and a protection racket?

And while I'm on the subject why is Bedlington the only town NOT to have a single charity shop.

PAWS, for crying out loud realise the potential. I for one will work in the shop for you - now it's in writing.

We are soon going to have one Cash 4 Kids is setting up shop next to Ladbrokes.

Be better off donating them to a charity shop for nowt.

I gave a ton to Air Ambulance just before the house got refurbished.

But getting back To TomTom's original thread, yes, I agree the rubbish in that area is disgusting, but it is mainly fag ends. I have never seen any rats around the area - not that i am looking, mind you. But it is an interesting topic. Let's play scenarios. A kid throws a Greggs' wrapper on the ground and gets done for littering - but somebody flicks their fag end on the pavement and that's okay!!! No, sorry, there should be no difference. The streets are full of butts and it's disgusting. It's the same if you go to the beach; miles of sand and underneath fag ends. Solutions on a postcard please.

Edited by keith lockey

Outside the front of the Market Tavern is terrible over the weekend. There are tab bins provided but obviously they are not used, are the free house licenses like the takeaway licenses where they are responsible for mess outside of their premises?

I think they do sweep up outside the Tavern but it should be done on a night not upon opening the next day as they have already sat there all day the following day prior to being swept.

• Like 1

I will stand to be corrected but…………

Isn't it the case that the likes of licenced premises and takeaways etc. pay way over the odds in the likes of business rates so the local authority can spend a bit of cash making sure the area is kept clean? I.E. pay a cleaner. Or even in the case of pubs the increased rates paid makes significant contributions to the local police budget to help them pay for any disturbances?

We seem to have lost sight of why these TAXES were introduced in the first place as local authorities only seem to be able to cut service deliveries.

I saw the shop, Adam, but I heard it was cash 4 clothes. You took your clothes to them and got cash, so I thought.

I've got all my kipper ties, flares and platform boots ready.

I think your right keith cash 4 clothes not kids my mistake thank you for correcting me.

I think your right keith cash 4 clothes not kids my mistake thank you for correcting me.

I can think of many people who would be happy, at times, to take cash for their kids........

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now