Clive Dunn

Adam Hogg

A sad moment was announced (7th November) that Clive Dunn has Died after complications from an operation. I would like to say that i am a fan of Clive Dunn's performance in dads army he was one of the best and he will be sadly missed, Rest In Peace Clive Dunn.

...How old was he? I think he was a good age way back then.

Only in his late 40's I think when he started played Corporal Jones. Good make-up, and good acting! The actor who really was old was Arnold Ridley of course. But few people knew that he'd gone through it for real in both world wars as he never talked about this, even to his own family. As well as an actor he was also an accomplished play-write.

http://www.telegraph...ar-heroics.html

Only in his late 40's I think when he started played Corporal Jones. Good make-up, and good acting! The actor who really was old was Arnold Ridley of course. But few people knew that he'd gone through it for real in both world wars as he never talked about this, even to his own family. As well as an actor he was also an accomplished play-write.

http://www.telegraph...ar-heroics.html

I'm amazed to learn that Clive was only 40! Good make-up indeed and the acting ought to get an award!

Thanks for the Telegraph link Threegee.That's a real insight into the life of Arnold Ridley. I had no idea.

I'm amazed to learn that Clive was only 40! Good make-up indeed and the acting ought to get an award!

Thanks for the Telegraph link Threegee.That's a real insight into the life of Arnold Ridley. I had no idea.

just googled it , he was born in January 1920 . He would have beed 48 when Dads Army started in 1968 and aged 51 when he had a hit with Grandad in 1971

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now