Blyth Shipyard

The big'un could be the Pacific Princess and the tug boat might be the Alnwick? :punk:

If you need help identifying any more foxy just ask......................

It was the dates that were the problem,

I've got them now but had I known Old Francis Moore was using this site then I could have saved John and Adam the trouble. I'll certainly keep you in mind for next time though. :unsure:

My old man sends a great big thank you for these pics! When I met him he worked for a company called Navire,who had a base in Blyth, and he visited Blyth quite regularly. The pics reminded him of his early days in the shipyards in Gothenburg and he said he could smell the steel! He is, or was, a design engineer - not so much in ships themselves but in the equipment used for handling passengers and cargo. If you've ever taken your car on a ferry there's a good chance that he designed the ramps and hoistable decks. He was also responsible for the system of stacking containers on ferries

My old man sends a great big thank you for these pics! When I met him he worked for a company called Navire,who had a base in Blyth, and he visited Blyth quite regularly. The pics reminded him of his early days in the shipyards in Gothenburg and he said he could smell the steel! He is, or was, a design engineer - not so much in ships themselves but in the equipment used for handling passengers and cargo. If you've ever taken your car on a ferry there's a good chance that he designed the ramps and hoistable decks. He was also responsible for the system of stacking containers on ferries

He needs to get across here and get him to the South Harbour in Blyth 'cos some of them dont know how to work it. They keep dropping them in the dock, or as in one incident a container full of wine was dropped from height onto the dockside. And another was "lost" for months, until a diver fixing a prop on the container ship found it at the bottom of the dock (after the ships prop found it that is ) Edited by keith

Canny Lass.

Please tell him, glad to be of service.

Back in the early 70s I was part of a team that shot a 16mm film on a large ship being built at Swan Hunter.

I was 17 at the time. The smell I most remember was fear! Mine :dribble:

Thank god for HSWA 1974!

Can your old man give this guy any tips?

Edited by John W. SNRG

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now