Bedlington Crime & Anti-Social Behaviour Issues

I thought I would start this thread off following a "Door To Door" visit by Northumbria Police tonight.

St. Johns Road has recently been the target of at least one opportunist burglary.

I believe a door was left unlocked. A property was entered & item or items stolen.

Let us keep each other informed with such matters that sadly blight our community.

Forewarned is to be forearmed.

NBM PC Keith Wood from Bedlington Neighbourhood Policing Team gives advice on crime prevention:

PC Wood_Crime Prevention.mp3

I thought I would start this thread off following a "Door To Door" visit by Northumbria Police tonight.

St. Johns Road has recently been the target of at least one opportunist burglary.

I believe a door was left unlocked. A property was entered & item or items stolen.

Let us keep each other informed with such matters that sadly blight our community.

Forewarned is to be forearmed.

NBM PC Keith Wood from Bedlington Neighbourhood Policing Team gives advice on crime prevention:

PC Wood_Crime Prevention.mp3

I know Keith well, he's a good chap. I was on the receiving end of a lot of anti-social behavior a few years ago. Keith was one of the team who helped.

Edited by keith lockey

Update

A number of unlocked dwellings in St. Johns Place were entered on Sunday Oct.14 between 10.30am & 1pm.

Description of person:

• white male
  • 5ft 7in tall
  • slim build
  • cropped hair

Well that narrows it down to a few thousand John. I dont know if you heard or not, there was damage done to cars in the station over the weekend again. Cars around your area as well as on the Palace estate, the station itself , School road and Whitley tce. It was more general damage, broken wipers, cracked windscreen and scratches rather than slashed tyres. I had my tyres done in the new year, (among others). One thing I have been told is , when reporting to the police, ask for a CRIME number rather than an INCIDENT number. It never seems to be top of the agenda to catch these scroats. It reminds me of the story of a man ringing the police to report someone breaking into his shed, the person taking the call says that no-one is available just now, stay in the house and lock your doors, an officer will be there as soon as one is available. He puts the phone down, waits a moment before dialling 999. "I've just shot the the b*****d breaking into my shed". Within a few minutes, police were round is house like flies round a s**t heap. Plenty of officers available when the criminal is hurt !. Oh aye, my slashed tyres, I reported it to the police in early January and it is now late October and I am still waiting for an officer to come !!. Crime figures are falling because among other things, they are ignoring reports of crime.

I had 2 tyres punctured on my previous vehicle by vandals.

I discovered it one Sunday morning & phoned it in. There was an officer around within 10 minutes. An update was given to me about the previous night`s attacks on vehicles in the neighbourhood, where an arrest had been made.

The following Wednesday evening another officer came & took a victim statement & gave me a crime number for insurance use.

As good a service as you can get I think in the circumstances. No complaints from me on that occasion.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now