Bedlington Needs Help - Everyone!

Malcolm Robinson

We need to gather support for Gallagher Park, please visit this site and vote for our Park!

Please put it out to your networks and contacts..........

http://www.qe2fields.com/fielddetails.aspx?id=030e1193-8812-42e2-adce-94bd5eea7bda&searchtype=POSTCODEAREA&searchfield=ne22%205dt

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted for and i must say that all the members of Friends of Gallagher Park have done a great job with making the park more accessible as well as the over groups involved, we need more people to help with things like that. Everybody helps, the more the merrier.

Seems like I voted twice - count defo went from 17 to 19! :D

Click on the rectangular [Heart] YOUR FIELD graphic folks, under the number - they haven't made this immediately obvious!

"Go online from 21 September – 19 October and click to Love Your Field to give your favourite space a chance to win."

I meant qe2fields.com not you! :D

We really need to promote all leisure activities in Bedlington, I'm involved with an organisation trying to get kids from all backgrounds interested in football, they've tried obtaining an indoors venue for the winter but have been quoted £106 +VAT for a daily hire ???

They/we are looking for an indoor venue for youngsters to train with qualified/CRB checked coaches for roughly £1-£2 per session, this is a not for profit organisation and all money raised goes back to supporting the kids, the coaches are doing this in their own time and for no renumeration.

Please go support www.footballfun.org.uk and let's get Bedlington the centre of attention

Edited by Andy Brown

Kind of Brett.

We put the Park forward to be considered as a Queen Elizabeth 11Park and have been successful so we get things like that dedication plaque. Last Parks dedicated by a monarch were GeorgeV ones! 3 in the county have been successful two in Blyth and ours so lets promote the heck out of ours!

We should hear this month if we have been successful in the associated funding package! That will pay for further upgrades and improvements a lot of which is based on the community consultation we did at the beginning of the year.

One of the points about this 'vote for us' initiative is that we are working on further funding bids which will only be enhanced if we can show deep community support for the Park and area.

There are other initiatives for the Park area being worked on too which we need to show support and need so get voting folks........................

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now