Quiz Connections

keith lockey

Wait! HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND! (forgive the pun). The eye patch, Steve, the damned eye patch! It's so bloody obvious! One eyed characters! I demand a refund! Or a prize! A pint will do!

Congratulations Mercuryg, a brilliant piece of deduction - eventually.

Now Merc', I can confirm your prize, now try not to get too excited.

You will fly to Paris next weekend and take part in the English - French bungee jumping finals. You will be taken to the top of the Eiffel Tower and pushed...er.. you will bungee jump off the summit with a haversack full of bowling balls on your back. I know, I know, you can't believe your luck and I bet you just can't wait to show those Frenchies what you are made of. Though they will probably find that out when you make contact with the Champs Elysees. Break a leg Merc - and probably a lot more as well.

NOW THEN CHAPS AND CHAPESSES.

DO YOU WANT MORE?

Edited by keith lockey

NOW THEN CHAPS AND CHAPESSES.

DO YOU WANT MORE?

Well I can only speak for the chapesses amongst us but YES, YES, YES!!!!!

These are so infuriating but great fun at the same time.

I'm black and blue all over due to kicking myself about the last solution.

Edited by Canny lass

Congratulations Mercuryg, a brilliant piece of deduction - eventually.

Now Merc', I can confirm your prize, now try not to get too excited.

You will fly to Paris next weekend and take part in the English - French bungee jumping finals. You will be taken to the top of the Eiffel Tower and pushed...er.. you will bungee jump off the summit with a haversack full of bowling balls on your back. I know, I know, you can't believe your luck and I bet you just can't wait to show those Frenchies what you are made of. Though they will probably find that out when you make contact with the Champs Elysees. Break a leg Merc - and probably a lot more as well.

My daughter is in Paris so I will get her to meet you off the plane merc.............

gee thanks Keith, what a great prize! When do i fly (literally)??/

Look forward to the next time-wasting instalment.......

TIME-WASTING!!!!!

After the prize I got for you! The hours - nay - days and sleepless nights I put in to entertain you with a plethora of puzzles, a veritable cornucopia of clues and conundrums; scouring the internet for weeks on end, looking for pictures and images to post for your benefit so that Mercuryg can shine like a supernova in the Northumbrian sky; A Caesar crossing the Rubicon and marching into Rome at the head of his eyepatch legions. All this and you regard it as time-wasting!!!! Woe is me! Where's the sharp knife? The days I've gone without food; the nights I've burned the midnight oil to bring you gems of trivia; all this and it's regarded as a waste of time. Where's the asp in the basket of figs; unsheath my gladius so that I can fall upon my sword. Life has no meaning anymore. Just you wait, Mercuryg, I'll be the one packing your haversack with the bowling balls, and perchance there might just be a blacksmith's anvil in there as well.

Well that's enough of the drama queen, folks. Until tomorrow when I will waste your time with more cunning connections.

Adios, amigos, until our paths cross again.

Edited by keith lockey

You can do so if you wish! I happen to think there'll be a couple of others who may get this.....

If you send me your answer through personal mail I can confirm on site that you have got it.

Or you could just post the answer and claim fame and glory. (And get another super-duper prize.)

I'll leave it to you - I have other devious connections waiting.

A WINNER - SO SOON!

Yes, merc' you got it. They have both been master of ceremonies on Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells 1 & 2 respectively.

post-2953-0-05126700-1349079398_thumb.jppost-2953-0-23876900-1349079403_thumb.jp

You have just won a snowboarding holiday in the Sahara Desert.

Okay, no more mister nice guy - time for some skullduggery with my connections. It will take a while because I've got the workmen here at the moment. But watch this space.

Congrats Merc.

Edited by keith lockey

You have just won a snowboarding holiday in the Sahara Desert.

I'm going to need that passport renewed. Viv Stanshall was a true star, an utter madman. Sadly missed. Love the story of his trip to the tailors with Keith Moon.

Edited by mercuryg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now