Quiz Connections

keith lockey

By the way, everyone, sorry for the delay in posting this - the reason is I'VE GOT A JOB.

I applied for the job at 9am - got a phone call at 10am - informal interview at 11am followed by offer of said job. Hopefully all will go okay with the paperwork, etc. So that is why the delay.

Well Done keith, hope you have many years in employment, like me as i also got a job in late september :thumbsup: .

All played sub captains?

A WINNNER

They have all played submarine captains.

Charlton Heston....Gray Lady Down

Gene Hackman.....Crimson Tide

Harrison Ford.......Widowmaker

Rock Hudson........Ice Station Zebra

Sean Connery......The Hunt for Red October

CONGRATS MALCOLM, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A RECORD ANSWER.

NOW FOR YOUR PRIZE.

Dear Winner,

As part of the Cultural Exchange Service Scheme Promoting Integration Techniques (CESSPIT) we are delighted to inform you that you have been accepted for our international ethnic swap portfolio.

Therefore you have been granted the opportunity of spending one month with a family of Papuan head-hunters in the jungles of New Guinea, whilst one of their tribe will be transported to your home to integrate with your family and friends.

I have enclosed a photo of the family you will be staying with.

post-2953-0-44463700-1349426959_thumb.jp

I hasten to add that strict cultural observations must be observed; therefore you will dress accordingly.

post-2953-0-07665500-1349426981_thumb.jp

As part of this scheme you will be required to engage in their activities to the best of your ability; these may include basket making, net fishing and decapitating enemy tribesmen and shrinking their heads. (Have you any experience of the latter?)

Likewise the swap participant will have to adhere to cultural niceties in your home town. I know that a head-hunter will have no problem fitting into the Bedlington social scene – especially on a Friday & Saturday nights.

Many of our former prize-winners have enjoyed this experience so much they have decided to stay on in New Guinea indefinitely. (Actually they just disappeared never to be seen again – we just assume they stayed on.)

So please accept this awesome prize with all our heartfelt wishes.

Edited by keith lockey

Keith, the effort you put into devising the prizes surely exceeds that you put into the actual competition.......I'm sorry not to have won this one, I would have enjoyed the experience.

Merc,

fancy a swap..........I could do with that Paris trip if you would like to entertain those indigenous head hunters.........

No problem; do you think they enjoy real ale?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now