North Sea Fishing

Mr Darn

Hi all,

My father is a retired fishing enthusiast, and owns his own 31ft sea fishing pleasure boat.

unfortunately, my interest in sea fishing stops at the end of the pier, as i am violently seasick. the sea has to be like a millpond for me to go out.

this leaves my good dad in a predicament.

Basically, i'm looking for a few trustworthy people, who have an (outside) interest in sea fishing, to get in touch.

All i'm wanting is a few future good friends for my dad to take fishing, so he gets the chance to go out too. (due to common sence, he cannot go out alone),

we will supply rods, reels, line, life jacket, basic boat and radio handling training(in case of emergency) and a few hours fishing for the right 'applicants'(obviously just for free rental, not to keep!). all you need is something to lure them with, and £200 burial money.

Although the burial money was a joke, we have limited lures and sinkers, and we can supply them the first few times, but obviously this venture cant cost us any extra money, so we would prefer you supply your own.

For more information, please private message me, including a phone number and any other details you think i might need.

(the boat is moored at north Blyth, is 31ft with high sides and a wheelhouse for bad weather.(picture available) we have fish finders, GPS and ship to shore radio, as well as several life jackets. we also have basic cooking facilities, so a hot meal (lol) is available to budding chefs. get in touch, even if its just for a look!)

or, if you cant work out the message system, just leave a note on this thread and I'll contact you.

please remember, this is not a commercial fishing boat, its a pleasure fishing boat. No guarantees are made about fish catches, fishing times or locations, and unforeseeable events cancel trips all the time.

We do not fish in 'stupid' weather, but sometimes we can go as far as 20 miles + off, so make sure we know before you come aboard if you don't want to go that far out.

trips can last between 5 and 24 hours, but approximate times (to the hour) are given before each trip.(as we have to tell the harbour master what time we are expected back)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all,

My father is a retired fishing enthusiast, and owns his own 31ft sea fishing pleasure boat.

unfortunately, my interest in sea fishing stops at the end of the pier, as i am violently seasick. the sea has to be like a millpond for me to go out.

this leaves my good dad in a predicament.

Basically, i'm looking for a few trustworthy people, who have an (outside) interest in sea fishing, to get in touch.

All i'm wanting is a few future good friends for my dad to take fishing, so he gets the chance to go out too. (due to common sence, he cannot go out alone),

we will supply rods, reels, line, life jacket, basic boat and radio handling training(in case of emergency) and a few hours fishing for the right 'applicants'(obviously just for free rental, not to keep!). all you need is something to lure them with, and £200 burial money.

Although the burial money was a joke, we have limited lures and sinkers, and we can supply them the first few times, but obviously this venture cant cost us any extra money, so we would prefer you supply your own.

For more information, please private message me, including a phone number and any other details you think i might need.

(the boat is moored at north Blyth, is 31ft with high sides and a wheelhouse for bad weather.(picture available) we have fish finders, GPS and ship to shore radio, as well as several life jackets. we also have basic cooking facilities, so a hot meal (lol) is available to budding chefs. get in touch, even if its just for a look!)

or, if you cant work out the message system, just leave a note on this thread and I'll contact you.

please remember, this is not a commercial fishing boat, its a pleasure fishing boat. No guarantees are made about fish catches, fishing times or locations, and unforeseeable events cancel trips all the time.

We do not fish in 'stupid' weather, but sometimes we can go as far as 20 miles + off, so make sure we know before you come aboard if you don't want to go that far out.

trips can last between 5 and 24 hours, but approximate times (to the hour) are given before each trip.(as we have to tell the harbour master what time we are expected back)

I know how you feel mate! My father had a coble at Newbiggin he tried taking me out many a time but I always ended up hanging over the side ground baiting!!!! Mill pond or not!

I love fishing but I go after trout now cos I couldn't find my sea legs and I never Will!

I know how you feel mate! My father had a coble at Newbiggin he tried taking me out many a time but I always ended up hanging over the side ground baiting!!!! Mill pond or not!

I love fishing but I go after trout now cos I couldn't find my sea legs and I never Will!

Yes, i seem to be giving up too!!

The boat we have is so big it takes two to run it, so without me going, its not happening, therefore its on the market, and daddy is buying a smaller version he can handle himself.

Trout is also a good sport, although i like to go for a full day, and we usually catch our limit by 1pm!!!

Which lakes do you fish?

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now