Explosion At Choppington Colliery

I just lost a story that I spent a half hour typing in,about a bad accident  on a face at Choppington B pit,in around 1963,where a cutterman called Jimmy Prime was badly injured after being crushed by his coalcutter which danced oot from the cut and squeezed the life oot of him after it pushed him up against a hydraulic face chock.

He miraculously survived and recovered after a hospital stay.

A real canny fella was Jimmy.

Any relation to you James neil?..if he is still with us,he might remember young Wilma wi thi lang hair and played the geeuuu-gaa!!

Hmm....noo aav checked it,it seems ti be aareet noo....strange gaanin's on lately!

Anybody be able ti tell me if lost posts can be retrieved sumhoo?

I too have been caught by the Forum's word thief in the distant past.   If I intend to write anything long here now I create it in Word (or any free text editor will do) then copy & paste it to here;  if anything goes wrong here then the original is safe in the text editor or has been saved elsewhere.  Mind, I tend not to write reams any more so just work 'live and dirty' here and run the risk (a bit like unsafe sex ... ). 

• Like 1

Heh heh! Wi me it cums natural,a just write wat aam thinking and it flows like ink oot a pen....mind,a write like a taak......!!![...live.....but not dirty....Sym,ye aad bugga!!]

Sym,aa tried daeing wat ye sed aboot " Word",but it asks for me key,and tells me aav only got permission ti use it 25 times before it gets locked oot....noo aa dinna understand owt aboot text editors or Word or owt like that!!

Canny lass,aal try that wat ye suggest next time!

Thanks folks!

Vic,a wadn't o' thowt o' that in a month of weekend shifts!

A tek it ye mean just type me story in the mailbox as if a was gaana send it ti sumbody,but really just using the box as a safety storage vehicle?[a get the cut  'n paste bit aalreet!]

Thanks a lot marra!

Hi Vic,testing testing.......Broadsword calling Danny Boy....Broadsword calling Danny Boy!!  [...in an English Richard Burton voice...!] [pasted from me mailbox-experiment!]

A did it! A did it!

Vic,ya a star!if ever a see ye in a pub aal buy ye a glass o' milk!....Whey aam a teetotaller!

Cheers marra!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now