Dance Hall At Bedlington Station

On 8/7/2017 at 18:53, Dawn said:

I've recently joined and found this old post, just incase you're still interested I took a photo of a dance card belonging to MIL Mother. This was above the Co-op, is this the mystery hall?

@Dawn - the Bedlington Station one on Station Road above the co-op was the Reay Hall, and the last I noticed it was Yates Evolution Gym & Tanning Centre.Reay Hall.jpg

The one you have the dance card for, the Locke Hall, was on Front Street East - no longer exists.

Locke Hall.jpg

Edited by Eggy1948

• 1 month later...
On 09/08/2017 at 21:58, webtrekker said:

I remember going to Clarence Cooper's prize bingo in the Locke Hall with me Mam. 

Did  Cooper's also  used to have the bingo on Glebe road ? I think I can remember one of the sons, was it the same family of Cooper's that lived at the showman's guild trailer site that used to be behind the Travellers pub ( Wally's ) at Scotland-gate

Looks like the family may still be in the bingo business

https://www.addressesandpostcodes.co.uk/address/ch-SX2H7k7t/clarence-cooper-co-limited-the-pavillion-bingo-15-main-street-ferryhill-dl17-8la.html

7 hours ago, moe19 said:

Did  Cooper's also  used to have the bingo on Glebe road ? I think I can remember one of the sons, was it the same family of Cooper's that lived at the showman's guild trailer site that used to be behind the Travellers pub ( Wally's ) at Scotland-gate

See the last comment, by webtrekker, in this Gallery item :- 

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now