Bedlington Pubs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out folks I think Merc has let his alter ego out of the box and is now trying to conduct a conversation with himself.........

No Malcolm, you know very well there is only one MercuryG. Many would say that is a blessing, some (lovely people) wish there were more of us, but no, there is only one me. As for the topic, may I take this opportunity to remind you that the Red Lion's latest beer festival begins today so, ditch your John Smith's and imbibe in a variety of guest real ales. You may even wish to grow the requisite beard, and wear a chunky jumper - as real ale drinkers are wont to do!

• 1 year later...

Me and my bro were just on about Leek Club day at the Bedlington Terrier. It was always a grand do - ruddy good prizes and a boozy day-night for the leek club men. We remembered going out on broth night and having a cold beer and a hot bowl of broth in practically every pub - starting at the Terrier - Monkey - Red Lion,etc, with the subsequent results at the end of the night. (Cold beer and Hot broth do wonders for your bowel movements.)

Then I got thinking about the here and now in Bedlington. Are there ANY pubs in Bedlington that have a leek show or broth night? I can't think of any!

Me and my bro were just on about Leek Club day at the Bedlington Terrier. It was always a grand do - ruddy good prizes and a boozy day-night for the leek club men. We remembered going out on broth night and having a cold beer and a hot bowl of broth in practically every pub - starting at the Terrier - Monkey - Red Lion,etc, with the subsequent results at the end of the night. (Cold beer and Hot broth do wonders for your bowel movements.)

Then I got thinking about the here and now in Bedlington. Are there ANY pubs in Bedlington that have a leek show or broth night? I can't think of any!

Clayton ,,,,,,,, bring a coat and hard hat though

I'll pass up on that one Keefy, but what about the Black Bull? Do they have a leek club?

Until recently they did. Now it is difficult to find out when the place is open.

Any good pub grub in Bedlington these Days? ( I see Three weeks holiday hasn't done anything for the underlining/capital letter problem)!

That depends what you are looking for, Canny Lass. Few do food these days, bar the Lion. I guess the closest you get to a 'traditional' pub is the Northumberland Arms - cosy, great beer but very expensive; the Black Bull doesn't know whether it's coming or going; the Market Tavern is bland, the Sun Inn equally so, the Grapes, well, seems to have been left to run down, and the Blue Bell equally so. The Monkey I've never been in for years, the Station I can't comment on, and all the custom goes to the Red Lion (Wetherspoons); so, if you fancy a pint, I'll be in the Lion or at the Travellers.

Edited by mercuryg

Well Merc,

the last time you offered me a pint for my Birthday you had buggered off before I got there, so if Canny turns up who's going to pay for her drink?

Foxy, I'll make up for it sometime!

Canny Lass, the Travellers is my local, at Choppington. Actually, I'm closer to the Swan, but it's somewhat more expensive!

• 3 months later...

If anyone's popping into Wetherspoons today and you manage to draw the attention of the Bar Staff, would you please tell them that I'm still standing at the other end of the Bar waiting to be served. Thanking you in anticipation.  :devil:  

I'll just pop around the corner and tell them......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now