'woody' School - Bedlington

Excellent photo, Barton Rafie, here is one of my era. I should be on here but I'm not for some reason, nor are a few of the other regular players. The lad at the bottom left is Keech

post-2953-0-19164600-1372363015_thumb.jp

Alan Keech. Is he still with us ? not heard of him for years . Also Jai (Gordon Bowron) last I saw of him must have been in 1976 when I was at Kirkley Hall. He appeared one day on a short horticultural course, he was a council gardener.

Alan Keech. Is he still with us ? not heard of him for years . Also Jai (Gordon Bowron) last I saw of him must have been in 1976 when I was at Kirkley Hall. He appeared one day on a short horticultural course, he was a council gardener.

Funny enought, Keith, I can't remember Keechy. My mate, Bob Barron, used to knock around with him for a while but I can't say I recall him. But the others with the question marks on are a total mystery.

post-2953-0-59465500-1372518860_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

strange how memories come back, and this is a strange one. one of my mam neighbours gave me a stuffed seagull, why i dont know, I told Mr Ferguson about it and he told me to bring it too sc hool, I did, and the school burnt down the next day, Keith do u think the seagull did it?

strange how memories come back, and this is a strange one. one of my mam neighbours gave me a stuffed seagull, why i dont know, I told Mr Ferguson about it and he told me to bring it too sc hool, I did, and the school burnt down the next day, Keith do u think the seagull did it?

That explains everything, Eileen. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner - a mariner kills an albatross and the ship is 'cursed'. So it was your fault we all had to go to PLR. Mind you, I never liked Ferguson - he made us do country dancing, remember.

Edited by keith lockey

Oh yes I remember the country dancing, did we not do it at the youth club as that didnt burn down in the fire?

Oh yes I remember the country dancing, did we not do it at the youth club as that didnt burn down in the fire?

I can't remember dancing there, Eileen, but I can remember doing the Bradford Barndance and the Gay Gordon at PLR with Ferguson poncing around. Anne Evans was my partner one day.

But I do recall watching Genghis Khan at the Youth Club, so they must have shown films there!!

Edited by keith lockey

• 6 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now