Sign in to follow this  
keith lockey

'woody' School - Bedlington

Excellent photo, Barton Rafie, here is one of my era. I should be on here but I'm not for some reason, nor are a few of the other regular players. The lad at the bottom left is Keech

post-2953-0-19164600-1372363015_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

Excellent photo, Barton Rafie, here is one of my era. I should be on here but I'm not for some reason, nor are a few of the other regular players. The lad at the bottom left is Keech

post-2953-0-19164600-1372363015_thumb.jp

Alan Keech. Is he still with us ? not heard of him for years . Also Jai (Gordon Bowron) last I saw of him must have been in 1976 when I was at Kirkley Hall. He appeared one day on a short horticultural course, he was a council gardener.

That could be him collecting his brother Tommy or that other landscaper Stephanie.

both...... and dropping slabs off for me cos I never refuse them.

Edited by keith

Alan Keech. Is he still with us ? not heard of him for years . Also Jai (Gordon Bowron) last I saw of him must have been in 1976 when I was at Kirkley Hall. He appeared one day on a short horticultural course, he was a council gardener.

Funny enought, Keith, I can't remember Keechy. My mate, Bob Barron, used to knock around with him for a while but I can't say I recall him. But the others with the question marks on are a total mystery.

post-2953-0-59465500-1372518860_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

strange how memories come back, and this is a strange one. one of my mam neighbours gave me a stuffed seagull, why i dont know, I told Mr Ferguson about it and he told me to bring it too sc hool, I did, and the school burnt down the next day, Keith do u think the seagull did it?

strange how memories come back, and this is a strange one. one of my mam neighbours gave me a stuffed seagull, why i dont know, I told Mr Ferguson about it and he told me to bring it too sc hool, I did, and the school burnt down the next day, Keith do u think the seagull did it?

That explains everything, Eileen. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner - a mariner kills an albatross and the ship is 'cursed'. So it was your fault we all had to go to PLR. Mind you, I never liked Ferguson - he made us do country dancing, remember.

Edited by keith lockey

Photo of Bedlington Station football team in 1957. The teacher was Jimmy Johnston.

Some names added and file saved in 'png' format so they can be changed if necessary.

post-3031-0-17342200-1372575849_thumb.pn

post-3031-0-43466900-1372575518_thumb.pn

Edited by Eggy1948

Oh yes I remember the country dancing, did we not do it at the youth club as that didnt burn down in the fire?

Oh yes I remember the country dancing, did we not do it at the youth club as that didnt burn down in the fire?

I can't remember dancing there, Eileen, but I can remember doing the Bradford Barndance and the Gay Gordon at PLR with Ferguson poncing around. Anne Evans was my partner one day.

But I do recall watching Genghis Khan at the Youth Club, so they must have shown films there!!

Edited by keith lockey

Can anyone remember who taught Technical Drawing at the Woody School - 1969-70s. I have my own idea but I'll reserve it until someone answers.