Likes D & J Lynn Front Street

Have always known this wonderful shop as Don Lynns, don't know why, they sell such wonderful goodies, ham and pease pudding a particular favourite.

Hardy

To say nowt about there lovely pork pies................ :dribble:

Don Lynn had a butchers shop in the oval in the 60s.

I remember going in one morning for the daily order of 6 pasties for the 10 o clock tea break for lads I was serving my time with. Don could'nt wait to show me something that looked like an iron bar, he threw it on the floor and when it bounced he said "do you know what that is"? before i could answer he said "its a rabbit" The days of frozen food were here and Don was amazed at how long it could be kept in storage. His shop had the reputation as the best in Bedlington. Not sure if the rabbit was for his own use or if he intended to sell them. David is certainly same Family but I'm not sure what relation.

Edited by foxy

Don Lynn had a butchers shop in the oval in the 60s.

I remember going in one morning for the daily order of 6 pasties for the 10 o clock tea break for lads I was serving my time with. Don could'nt wait to show me something that looked like an iron bar, he threw it on the floor and when it bounced he said "do you know what that is"? before i could answer he said "its a rabbit" The days of frozen food were here and Don was amazed at how long it could be kept in storage. His shop had the reputation as the best in Bedlington. Not sure if the rabbit was for his own use or if he intended to sell them. David is certainly same Family but I'm not sure what relation.

David Is Don's Son.

I remember the Lynns butcher shop in the oval well, is the original Don still with us

Don is gone now, I'm not sure if Jean is still alive though. Don was a founder member of the motor club with my dad. Don also worked with my dad as butchers together. Arthur Routledge took over the shop in the oval

I know I'm going back a bit but does anyone remember when the butchers at the oval was Wakes butchers or pie shop before Don Lynn's. There pies were fantastic I've never tasted anything better since they used to queue for them.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now