Help Needed!

I think the best place/people to ask would be the ones at the archives at Woodhorn Malcolm thats the best i can think of, all you need to get into the archives is a form of I.D. (passport, driving license, council tax bill or utility bill)

Not sure I ever saw a flag but the motto 'de profundis' was also the motto att Westridge school. It was found beneath the shield on the school badge and the mosaic shield that hung in the entrance hall. Both had a white cross of St.Cuthbert on a dark blue background. You can see the shield in some of the school photos in the gallery.

Not sure I ever saw a flag but the motto 'de profundis' was also the motto att Westridge school. It was found beneath the shield on the school badge and the mosaic shield that hung in the entrance hall. Both had a white cross of St.Cuthbert on a dark blue background. You can see the shield in some of the school photos in the gallery.

I knew I had or thought I had seen the words "de profundis" somewhere ............. Thank you Canny lass it was doing my heed in :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance we can have the old councillors back?

Without wanting to offend....It has always been my opinion that a lot of the problems Bedlington has had over the decades is the lack of councilors who were,nt nodding dogs to those over the water.

But I do see changes for the better and look forward to the future, mind you I hope its not 40+ years to late.

I now have the original coat of arms for Bedlingtonshire Urban District Council.

With a bit of luck and a good wind we should see it flying high once again, quite soon!

Good to hear Malcolm hope we see it again soon.

• 2 weeks later...

What we need is the old BUDC back!

With the Shire divided into 3 , West, East and North, we have 3 times the costs for a tenth of the service!

why cannot we have the three re-unite for a better bedlington...........

why cannot we have the three re-unite for a better bedlington...........

You mean the way Ashington was allowed to set up.........a single council which has a decent amount of funding.

The boundaries were set here by the actions of a certain group and as they are on this board I will allow them to explain to everyone why they did that.........

i wish they would explain........as a united bedlington may stand a better chance of funding and get our leisure facilities that we so deserve

lets face it if you add it up ashington by the time it is finished will have had 2 leisure centres

• Like 1

I believe that if a petition signed by 10% of electors within each parish is submitted to NCC asking for a Community Governance Review to merge the parishes, then the County have to consider it (and it is the County who have the power to set the boundaries)

I believe that if a petition signed by 10% of electors within each parish is submitted to NCC asking for a Community Governance Review to merge the parishes, then the County have to consider it (and it is the County who have the power to set the boundaries)

But that does'nt explain why the boundaries were set originally, answer please?

And I believe we only had one crack at that and when the question was asked it wasn't even put to the public?

Also is it not the Boundary Commission who sets the boundaries? WDC suggested them at LGR.

If we did have one council...... immediate saving..........2/3rds of the current staffing and overheads for 3 offices or over £100K to invest into things people actually want instead of loading up on bureaucracy!

The law changed in 2008 - http://www.lgbce.org...ernance-reviews

A review can consider a number of issues, including:

• whether to create a new parish
  • whether to alter the boundary of an existing parish
  • whether to group a number of parishes together in a grouped parish council

Local people can petition a principal council to undertake a community governance review. A principal council must undertake a review if the relevant conditions in relation to the petition are met.

And I believe we only had one crack at that and when the question was asked it wasn't even put to the public?

Also is it not the Boundary Commission who sets the boundaries? WDC suggested them at LGR.

If we did have one council...... immediate saving..........2/3rds of the current staffing and overheads for 3 offices or over £100K to invest into things people actually want instead of loading up on bureaucracy!

And most importantly the 3 parish councils now formed would have to want to reunite.........but everyones got there own powerbase and lets face it some parts of bedlington, others don't want to take on and some feel forgotton......no offence ment.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now