Sign in to follow this  
John Fox (foxy)

Where And When?

No prizes for guessing where this one was taken from, a regular spot for getting smoke and steam up your Jacksy!

Maybe tomtom or Symp can tell us what was on at the pictures.

The answer I'm looking for isn't,

"The lights if you get there Early"

Why did there have to be "progress" there? WHY! :unsure:

Why did there have to be "progress" there? WHY! :unsure:

therein lies a tale Adam..........

When the great and good line their pockets or have works done which put their names up in lights it's called 'Progress', when it's the Hoi polloi that ask, a blind eye is turned.

Progress is all very well but whatever is getting progressed needs to move forward or be better than what is replaces or that's just regress!

this photo was taking from the bridge that went over the train lines at bedlington station.

Aye your right Bedies but we want to know what was showing at the pics, and what time the ice cream lass came around. :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:

foxy said:

"Maybe tomtom or Symp can tell us what was on at the pictures."

Well, if it was a Monday or Tuesday it would have been an Elvis picture ... they seemed to be on at the start of every week; I recollect the programme changing every two days then a three day programme at the weekend. I was in the place watching It's a Mad, Mad World when the projectionist put-up a slide over the flic with the news that JFK had been topped in Dallas.

The Wallaw name has thrown me a bit as I remember it as the Palace ... but again it could be the grey stuff turning to mush!

Is that you crossing the lines there Beddies?

Fascinating pictures. Its great looking back on our town,s "development" some good some bad but nontheless very interesting, thank you to ALL who put them on here.

Where's this and what is it now?

The building which now has to let offices above and the restaurant and Booze Busters (or whatever) underneath? To the right-hand of Tino's Deli.

Front Street East :huh:, would guess it is where the dentists is, best guess i can give :iiam: .

Well Adam,

Your off the mark a bit, however it was always going to be an Old Codger that got this one first time.

Is that your round twice now then foxy?????

Right Malc,

Time to change the rules before you get drunk, if you get this one you get a third pint, if you need a second pic you get a half, if you hav'nt got it by then you get nowt !

Could it be the Light Studio?

Malcolm,

What a miserable effort, it's Choppington Lane if you look closely you'll see that Mrs Begbie was giving out Green Shield Stamps,thats more than your getting!!

Malcolm,

What a miserable effort, it's Choppington Lane if you look closely you'll see that Mrs Begbie was giving out Green Shield Stamps,thats more than your getting!!

I think she used to like me cos she`d give me double coupons for the Shell tumbler glasses. Some of which you could actually get back to your car before they broke!

I think she used to like me cos she`d give me double coupons for the Shell tumbler glasses. Some of which you could actually get back to your car before they broke!

I remember Mama Begbie well, how she used to hate kids pumping up bike tyres with the air hose.

I got there just in time one night before she closed, she served me with the petrol for my bike but refused to put the two stroke oil in 'cos she had already put the pump away.

I remember Mama Begbie well, how she used to hate kids pumping up bike tyres with the air hose.

She was mint, tough exterior but a heart of gold.