Where And When?

No prizes for guessing where this one was taken from, a regular spot for getting smoke and steam up your Jacksy!

Maybe tomtom or Symp can tell us what was on at the pictures.

The answer I'm looking for isn't,

"The lights if you get there Early"

Why did there have to be "progress" there? WHY! :unsure:

Why did there have to be "progress" there? WHY! :unsure:

therein lies a tale Adam..........

When the great and good line their pockets or have works done which put their names up in lights it's called 'Progress', when it's the Hoi polloi that ask, a blind eye is turned.

Progress is all very well but whatever is getting progressed needs to move forward or be better than what is replaces or that's just regress!

foxy said:

"Maybe tomtom or Symp can tell us what was on at the pictures."

Well, if it was a Monday or Tuesday it would have been an Elvis picture ... they seemed to be on at the start of every week; I recollect the programme changing every two days then a three day programme at the weekend. I was in the place watching It's a Mad, Mad World when the projectionist put-up a slide over the flic with the news that JFK had been topped in Dallas.

The Wallaw name has thrown me a bit as I remember it as the Palace ... but again it could be the grey stuff turning to mush!

Is that you crossing the lines there Beddies?

Fascinating pictures. Its great looking back on our town,s "development" some good some bad but nontheless very interesting, thank you to ALL who put them on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Malcolm,

What a miserable effort, it's Choppington Lane if you look closely you'll see that Mrs Begbie was giving out Green Shield Stamps,thats more than your getting!!

I think she used to like me cos she`d give me double coupons for the Shell tumbler glasses. Some of which you could actually get back to your car before they broke!

I think she used to like me cos she`d give me double coupons for the Shell tumbler glasses. Some of which you could actually get back to your car before they broke!

I remember Mama Begbie well, how she used to hate kids pumping up bike tyres with the air hose.

I got there just in time one night before she closed, she served me with the petrol for my bike but refused to put the two stroke oil in 'cos she had already put the pump away.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now