Where And When?

Canny is spot on with time of year ... just look at all that seeding Rosebay Willowherb growing in the foregroud to middle-distance. I have fond memories of that stuff growing just about everywhere back in the day - not such a common site now; I suppose that's down to less wasteland and railway bankings.

jorga,

stop being such a snob, in the 1950s if you stood on the station bridge there was a view the same as this, so I made a mistake and forgot this site is only about Bedlington, remember when Morpeth thought they were too posh to hold the Miners Picnic and looked down their noses at Bedlington,still do in fact.

wash your mouth out.............this is a no swearing site!!!!! :lol:

Guess it's at the old brickworks in Bedlington Station - long demolished and now housing - am I right?

tomtom gets first prize of 10 "Free Pint Tickets" to be used in the Bar of the new Sports and Leisure Facility to be built at Gallagher Park, If we keep fighting!

I was standing on the Welwyn Bridge the year is 1980. This photo was taken from the same spot on Friday Morning last week but can't get exactly the same angle for the trees.

tomtom gets first prize of 10 "Free Pint Tickets" to be used in the Bar of the new Sports and Leisure Facility to be built at Gallagher Park, If we keep fighting!

I was standing on the Welwyn Bridge the year is 1980. This photo was taken from the same spot on Friday Morning last week but can't get exactly the same angle for the trees.

I should get a prize though foxy i got the pit in the background. :D

Edited by Adam Hogg

I should also get a prize for suggesting there'd be no Rosebay Willowherb growing there now.

I had a look at Google Earth just now to try to place the track in context and was mildly suprised to see the railway line still running through Bedlington Station, although it must be said that the track bed looks in a right state at the level crossing ... litter, broken wooden boards, etc. Does this track get much used these days? I seem to remember that once the coal traffic was lost the line was occasionally used as a diversion loop when engineering work was being done on the London/Edinburgh mainline. Once in the 70s my Kings Cross train to chillyjockoland was sent through Bedders ... it made my day!!!

I should also get a prize for suggesting there'd be no Rosebay Willowherb growing there now.

I had a look at Google Earth just now to try to place the track in context and was mildly suprised to see the railway line still running through Bedlington Station, although it must be said that the track bed looks in a right state at the level crossing ... litter, broken wooden boards, etc. Does this track get much used these days? I seem to remember that once the coal traffic was lost the line was occasionally used as a diversion loop when engineering work was being done on the London/Edinburgh mainline. Once in the 70s my Kings Cross train to chillyjockoland was sent through Bedders ... it made my day!!!

There is still a bit of rail traffic goes though Bedlington station that i know of (have seen) the alcan trains which will continue for the next 18 months i hear but going up to fort william, coal trains going to the Port of Blyth to be loaded and some going to lynemouth power station and lets not forget the odd rail tour from time to time.

No prizes for guessing where this one was taken from, a regular spot for getting smoke and steam up your Jacksy!

Maybe tomtom or Symp can tell us what was on at the pictures.

The answer I'm looking for isn't,

"The lights if you get there Early"

Edited by foxy

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now