Ever Felt Like Kendo Nagasaki?

For the younger members, he was a masked wrestler who was famously 'unmasked' in one legendary bout, just as I was last night! Yes, some intrepid detective work by none other than Foxy and Malcolm resulted in these two esteemed gents correctly identifying me in the Red Lion! I think the grey hair, glasses and attendant laptop did it for me! The subsequent few beers and genial chat were much enjoyed - it was well past my bed time when I got home!

Nice to meet you chaps, here's to doing so again.

ps.. we should make this is a sport - 'identify the forum member'......

In reply to the post title, no but I have felt like Les Kellet!

Interesting factoid, Les' nephew lived in Bishops Meadow. For anyone who grew up watching Saturday teatime telly in the 60's.

ps.. we should make this is a sport - 'identify the forum member'......

I think foxy already does!

post-23-0-19595900-1335860321_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Who was the baddie...............dark haired guy who used to throw punch on the ref's blind side, but in full view of the cameras and spectators?

It might have been a put up job but they couldn't have been that good at choreography and the falls and tumbles were for real!

Ken Walton every Saturday afternoon.

#BTW, wrestling was the only sport ITV could get when it started that's why it was on............

Looking back now I can't believe I actually enjoyed watching the wrestling on World of Sport. It is so obviously staged - but not then to a young lad. As a bit of trivia Jackie 'Mr TV' Pallo was a pantomine star and a bit of an actor. He appeared in an episode of The Avengers opposite Patrick Macnee & Honour Blackman.

Looking back now I can't believe I actually enjoyed watching the wrestling on World of Sport. It is so obviously staged - but not then to a young lad. As a bit of trivia Jackie 'Mr TV' Pallo was a pantomine star and a bit of an actor. He appeared in an episode of The Avengers opposite Patrick Macnee & Honour Blackman.

Here's the proof................

post-23-0-51097900-1341062179_thumb.jpg

Malcolm, I honestly couldn't remember which was which!!! (So sad, I should get out more!) I went on YouTube to check and got the Avengers episodes. Patrick Macnee never changed throughout the series! He looked the same in the last one as he did in the first. But you could be correct - a cybernaut could be an undercover cyberman. But I bet they wouldn't have messed with Jackie Pallo - submit...no no no...submit...no no no.

Dont say you werent warned Malcolm. Why do you think i moved away so young ;-)

I'm getting out of sync messages regarding my cyberwotsits. Just remember, Malcolm and brother Alan. I was brought up thinking Torchie the Battery Boy was real. So is it my fault i can't tell a cybernaut from a cyberman. (Anyway, Torchie the Battery boy was ever ready.)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now