Yellow Paint.......

A pity their rose tinted glasses can't see the same at the entrance to Bennies. Their parking restrictions there and their yellow paint only meant one thing to parents Yahoo! we can park legally now!

If the parking at the war memorial has damaged the stone work then I think a few breathalysers need to be administered ;)

Nothing useful will happen until decisive and consistent action is taken. Let's hope it's soon.

I think its just about to happen........not sure how useful its going to be.

26 new self funded traffic wardens just started, 4 pages of road variance orders and a new NCC traffic policy, probably include the introduction of parking charges in Wansbeck and Blyth Valley.

I think its just about to happen........not sure how useful its going to be.

26 new self funded traffic wardens just started, 4 pages of road variance orders and a new NCC traffic policy, probably include the introduction of parking charges in Wansbeck and Blyth Valley.

By self funded I take it that these wardens will be on minimum wage and the cooncil cop the rest of the cash!

If not, and if they are on a bonus scheme where do I apply! Just think Four schools just outside the door I'd only have to work two hours in morning and two hours in the afternoon and I'd be minted, the down side is my first wage would be used for steel shuttering for the windows and replacing the car with an armoured vehicle! Oh! Well I could put up with that...Where's the yellow paint :whistle:

I am not sure just how well thought through this is……..well apart from a bit of spin doctoring.

Self-funded traffic wardens……… and yes we all know where rich pickings will be for the first week or two then it will take financial masochists to keep parking there………if these wardens do a good job will they make themselves redundant?

The only possible way NCC can pay 26 new positions when they have cut over 1000 due to cost cutting is to find a new form of income to cover salaries. In other words parking fees in the South East.

BTW, there was a very interesting admission the other night at the Area Meeting, these new NCC wardens will only be able to ticket transgressions on double yellows…………so all of the other parking problems the cops do have authority to take action against these wardens can't target. Course that might explain the road variance orders we saw last year in the News Post Leader.

More flipping stealth taxes! Just had this land in my inbox..........................

Tax his land,

Tax his bed,

Tax the table

At which he's fed.

Tax his work,

Tax his pay,

He works for peanuts

Anyway!

Tax his cow,

Tax his goat,

Tax his pants,

Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco,

Tax his drink,

Tax him if he

Tries to think.

Tax his car,

Tax his gas,

Find other ways

To tax his ass.

Tax all he has

Then let him know

That you won't be done

Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;

Then tax him some more,

Tax him till

He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,

Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in

Which he's laid.

When he's gone,

Do not relax,

It's time to apply

The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Airline surcharge tax

Airline Fuel Tax

Airport Maintenance Tax

Building Permit Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Goods and Services Tax (GST)

Death Tax

Driving Permit Tax

Environmental Tax (Fee)

Excise Taxes

Income Tax

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Petrol Tax (too much per litre)

Gross Receipts Tax

Health Tax

Inheritance Tax

Interest Tax

Heating Tax

Lighting Tax

Cooking Tax

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Mortgage Tax and his pension

Personal Income Tax

Property Tax

Poverty Tax

Prescription Drug Tax

Real Estate Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Retail Sales Tax

Service Charge Tax

School Tax & Tax what he buys and what he sells

Telephone Tax

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Water Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

Tax (VAT) on Tax.

And Now they want a blooming Carbon Tax!

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...

& our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class, a huge manufacturing base, and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the Hell happened?

Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money?

Oh, and don't forget the relatively new bank charges.

And we all know what we think of Bankers.

• Like 1

I am not sure just how well thought through this is……..well apart from a bit of spin doctoring.

Self-funded traffic wardens……… and yes we all know where rich pickings will be for the first week or two then it will take financial masochists to keep parking there………if these wardens do a good job will they make themselves redundant?

The only possible way NCC can pay 26 new positions when they have cut over 1000 due to cost cutting is to find a new form of income to cover salaries. In other words parking fees in the South East.

BTW, there was a very interesting admission the other night at the Area Meeting, these new NCC wardens will only be able to ticket transgressions on double yellows…………so all of the other parking problems the cops do have authority to take action against these wardens can't target. Course that might explain the road variance orders we saw last year in the News Post Leader.

More flipping stealth taxes! Just had this land in my inbox..........................

Tax his land,

Tax his bed,

Tax the table

At which he's fed.

Tax his work,

Tax his pay,

He works for peanuts

Anyway!

Tax his cow,

Tax his goat,

Tax his pants,

Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco,

Tax his drink,

Tax him if he

Tries to think.

Tax his car,

Tax his gas,

Find other ways

To tax his ass.

Tax all he has

Then let him know

That you won't be done

Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;

Then tax him some more,

Tax him till

He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,

Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in

Which he's laid.

When he's gone,

Do not relax,

It's time to apply

The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Airline surcharge tax

Airline Fuel Tax

Airport Maintenance Tax

Building Permit Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Goods and Services Tax (GST)

Death Tax

Driving Permit Tax

Environmental Tax (Fee)

Excise Taxes

Income Tax

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Petrol Tax (too much per litre)

Gross Receipts Tax

Health Tax

Inheritance Tax

Interest Tax

Heating Tax

Lighting Tax

Cooking Tax

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Mortgage Tax and his pension

Personal Income Tax

Property Tax

Poverty Tax

Prescription Drug Tax

Real Estate Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Retail Sales Tax

Service Charge Tax

School Tax & Tax what he buys and what he sells

Telephone Tax

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Water Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

Tax (VAT) on Tax.

And Now they want a blooming Carbon Tax!

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...

& our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class, a huge manufacturing base, and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the Hell happened?

Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money?

Oh, and don't forget the relatively new bank charges.

And we all know what we think of Bankers.

Absolutely spot on :thumbsup:

Any new found wealth that the council receive from parking fines should be "Ring Fenced" and used to make a Compulsory Purchase of the former Elliots Garage Site. If any council house tennant allowed their garden to get into the state that this place has been left in,untouched for the last 5 weeks,they would be evicted. The local councillors need to act quick though, because the last time we had money I beleive it was from the sale of the Golf Club and it was nicked from under our noses by our neighbours who shall remain nameless,...........But it begins with an "A"

Any new found wealth that the council receive from parking fines should be "Ring Fenced" and used to make a Compulsory Purchase of the former Elliots Garage Site. If any council house tennant allowed their garden to get into the state that this place has been left in,untouched for the last 5 weeks,they would be evicted. The local councillors need to act quick though, because the last time we had money I beleive it was from the sale of the Golf Club and it was nicked from under our noses by our neighbours who shall remain nameless,...........But it begins with an "A"

Actually foxy it was nicked by NCC! I have been after it for over 18 months now!

There is a roundabout connection with our close neighbour but not directly.

I have the minutes of the last WDC meeting where the proceeds from the sale of Bedlingtonshire Golf Club were discussed and they voted to ring-fence the money for a capital project in Bedlington. So even if it took until its death throes WDC did try and do the right thing…….or maybe not!

Step in NCC at the formation of the new Unitary Authority and they said there could be no ring-fencing of any capital monies within any of the 6 district councils. (Understandable really or the then defunct district councils would effectively still write the business plans for the new authority.) So "our” dosh was lost in the general pot of NCC.

Coincidentally I am still waiting for an explanation as to why that was the case when Ashington gets to ring-fence the ASDA money!!!!!!!! The only explanation I have ever had is that the terms were written differently. OK so effectively we are back to being screwed over by WDC as they must have wrote a water tight agreement for Ashington but not for us, and that's the very same legal department????????

If I didn't know any better I would think we might be getting conned here………………….

I don't have a problem with Ashington getting their new sports facilities etc. I keep saying good luck to them and I mean that, but somehow an area with the same or less inhabitants gets to replace existing facilities with new builds while we don't even have existing facilities to complain about the state they have been allowed to deteriorate into.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now