Like The New Shop Fronts

Like The new shop fronts on the main street are looking great, I've just noticed the similarity to the Wharton in the old days!!

BIG YES they are starting to look a lot more impressive than it used to (apart from that bliddy eye sore of a school :whistle: ).........is it going to be done all the way down the street past the North ?

totally agree foxy the shop fronts are great. what a difference to the front street. What a nice change to be proud of some part of Wansbeck.

Pics please !

BIG YES they are starting to look a lot more impressive than it used to (apart from that bliddy eye sore of a school :whistle: ).........is it going to be done all the way down the street past the North ?

It has went pass the north i think because i'm sure Chinchilla's has had their shop front done, but i agree with Foxy all the shop front that have been done up look great a big thanks to all the guys involved :thumbsup: . Mind I'm not a fan of the Purple and Cream on R&S Convenience, i would have like to see a crimson red and cream but that's just my opinion. As you can guess reading this Purples not one of my favourite colours .

Edited by Adam Hogg

Done up and stitched up. Better looking shop fronts, better rents and Cooncil rates! FFS!

'Yes pal, you want one of these units?' Even though we got a grant and it cost us NOWT 'Ya ganna pay through the nose if ya want to rent one pal.' 'Just look at how good it looks!'

The BIG THREE must be rubbing their hands with GLEE!

Sorry I should have said The BIG FOUR. the Cooncil are involved as well!

Edited by Merlin

Seemed queer looking at Jonstones shoe shop and seeing a To Let sign in the window while driving past today. That must have to have been the longest continuing business there, I cant remember it being anything else. Is the Ashington shop still open?. Is Clive Jonstone still alive? I was noticing the work going on at our old house behind the shops, you could see in as you walk up the cut by the Tavern.

Seemed queer looking at Jonstones shoe shop and seeing a To Let sign in the window while driving past today. That must have to have been the longest continuing business there, I cant remember it being anything else. Is the Ashington shop still open?. Is Clive Jonstone still alive? I was noticing the work going on at our old house behind the shops, you could see in as you walk up the cut by the Tavern.

Keith.

I`ve bought shoes from Bedlington Johnson`s for 20 odd years. The people in the shop were always brilliant.

The shop in Ashington is still in existance & so is Clive, who gets my trade direct now.

It has went pass the north i think because i'm sure Chinchilla's has had their shop front done, but i agree with Foxy all the shop front that have been done up look great a big thanks to all the guys involved :thumbsup: . Mind I'm not a fan of the Purple and Cream on R&S Convenience, i would have like to see a crimson red and cream but that's just my opinion. As you can guess reading this Purples not one of my favourite colours .

You are indeed correct about Chinchillas and the purple and cream/yellow are the corporate colours of the stores suppliers I believe but you are right its a bit garish :dribble:

Keith.

I`ve bought shoes from Bedlington Johnson`s for 20 odd years. The people in the shop were always brilliant.

The shop in Ashington is still in existance & so is Clive, who gets my trade direct now.

Mrs Johnson, Clives mother, was our landlady when we lived at the market place. We always got our shoes there as kids, she would not let us try a pair of shoes on until she had measured our feet properly, then it was always Clarkes shoes. Clive would often call down the yard with a big bag of sweets for us and the kids next door. I might just call in to the Ashington shop to see him.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now